Sonali Bendre is an Indian actress, model, and author who is predominantly known for her roles in Hindi films. She is a popular actress of her age. She is widely loved and supported by the audience at her age. Check out Sonali Bendre Wiki, Height, Weight, Age, Husband, Boyfriend, Caste, Family, Biography & More.
Sonali Bendre is a veteran beautiful actress of the Indian cinema who was born on 1 January 1975 (aged 44; as in 2019) in the dream city, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. She did her schooling from different schools in the different cities in India. She completed her higher and secondary education from Kendriya Vidyalaya Malleswaram, Bengaluru, Holy Cross Convent High School, Thane, Maharashtra, and Welham Girls School, Dehradun. Later, she graduated from Ramnarain Ruia College, Mumbai. In her childhood, she never aspired to become a model but a fashion show at her college turned her path into the modeling; as she won that show. After entering the film industry, she won several accolades for her brilliant performances throughout her career including Lux New Face of the Year at Filmfare, Most Promising Newcomer and Best actress Marathi award at Star Screen Award, Best Judge award at Zee Rishte Award, and Pride of Maharashtra Award at Women Achiever’s Award in 2018.
Sonali Bendre is a beautiful Indian actress who has a decent height of 5′ 6″ inches. She is a slim trim and quite fit actress who always cares about her fitness. She weighs around 55 kg. Her eye color is brown and the hair color is black. She has a perfect hourglass figure of 32-28-32. She looks quite fashionable and modern in her outfit.
Family, Caste, Husband
She belongs to a middle-class Hindu Chandraseniya Kayastha Prabhu (CKP) family from Mumbai, Maharashtra Mid-Day. Her father is a government employee and works at the Central Public Works Department of India. Her father name is Jit Bendre and the mother name is Roopse Bendre. She has an elder sister named and a younger sister named Gandhali Paranjape.
She married her boyfriend Goldie Behl (A filmmaker) on 12 November 2002 after dating him for a long time. They both blessed with a son named Ranveer Behl who was born in 2005.
According to media reports, she has also dated Raj Thackeray who is a politician.
Sonali Bendre started her acting career as a lead actress with a Bollywood movie Aag in 1994 when she was just 19 years old. Before debuting in Bollywood, she took part in a fashion show in replacement of a model in her college, and she won the show. Since then she started getting the offers from the modelling world and the film industry. She got popularity and fame with the movies such as Diljale, Sarfarosh, Zakham, Hum Sath Sath Hai, and more. She was not limited to Bollywood movies. She did films in various languages such as Tamil, Kannada, Telugu, and Marathi. She also works as a host, judge, or performer in many TV shows including Kya Masti Kya Dhoom, Mr & Mrs. Television, Indian Idol, India’s Got Talent, Hindustan Ke Hunarbaaz, and India’s Best Dramebaaz. In 2004, she took a long leave of 10 years from acting. She made her come back into the film industry in 2013 with the movie ‘ Once Upon a Time In Mumbai Dobara‘ in which she did a cameo. This was the last movie in which she worked as an actress.
- Her childhood was so much busy; as she traveled throughout the country because her father was an employee in Central Public Works Department (CPWD), and used to get transferred to a new city after every 2-3 years.
- She never fascinated by modelling and acting in his schooldays but a fashion show at her college totally changed her life; as she got the opportunity to compete in the show. Before that, she never even wore a heel but however, she competed and won the show. Since then she started getting the offers from the modelling world.
- She is the discovery of the filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt who approached Sonali during a modelling assignment.
- Although Sonali’s debut film was ‘Aag’ (1994), she started her acting career with Mahesh Bhatt’s ‘Naaraaz’ in 1994 which released after the movie ‘Aag.’
- In the late 1990s, she was immensely popular for her gorgeous look despite not having many hits.
- Sonali met Goldie during the shooting of her first film ‘Naaraaz’ in 1994. At the time Goldie was producing the Mahesh Bhatt’s upcoming film ‘Angaaray’ (1998). It was one-sided love for Goldie but with the time they both got close and after dating for 5 years, they got married in 2002.
- In 2001, she was arrested by the Mumbai police after a complaint was filed against her for her “offensive” photo for the cover of Showtime magazine in 1998, that “hurt the religious sentiments of the people.”
- According to the media reports, she was the highest paid TV actress in 2014 as she allegedly charged ₹4 lakh per day to be part of Life OK’s show ‘Ajeeb Dastaan Hai Yeh.’
- She has always been a passionate reader and writer.
- In 2015, she released her first book titled ‘The Modern Gurukul: My Experiment with Parenting,’ through which she shared her experiences and challenges as a first-time mother.
- In 2017, she started a digital club called ‘Sonali’s Book Club’ to encourage reading habit.
- She is a non-vegetarian.
- Her Hobbies are cooking, reading, writing, traveling, and collecting art bric-a-bracs.
- She is an avid dog lover.
- She is allergic to perfumes.
- She loves to visit Europe and this is her favourite destination too.
- Her close friend Sussanne Khan, designer duo Abu Jani, and Sandeep Khosla did the interior designing of her Juhu apartment.
- On 5 April 2018, Sonali, along with “Hum Saath Saath Hain” co-stars, Saif Ali Khan, Tabu, and Neelam were acquitted by a Jodhpur Court in the 1998 blackbuck killing case, in which Salman Khan was convicted and was sentenced to 5-year.
- On 4 July 2018, she disclosed on the twitter that she is suffering from high-grade metastatic cancer. Her treatment is undergoing in the New York City Hospital. She also did her haircut.
- Her Favourite foods are Besan Ka Ladoo, Steamed Modak, Caramelized Sesame Smoked Almonds, Roti wrap with Tandoori Mayonnaise, Prawn Curry, Keema Pav, Sushi, Khichdi, and French Cuisines.
- Her favourite authors are Isabel Allende, Devdutt Pattanaik, Anand Neelakantan, Ravi Subramanian, Toni Morrison, Patrick Rothfuss, Isaac Asimov, and Elif Shafak.
- She never bore of these films such as Diljale, Aashiqui 2, Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani, Paan Singh Tomar, Austin Powers, and As Good as It Gets. These all are her favourite films.
- Her favourite celebrities are Madhuri Dixit, Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, and Kareena Kapoor.
- She owned an Audi A6 and a BMW car.
- She earns ₹4 lakh per day for shooting.
- Here is Sonali Bendre’s signature.
References [ + ]