Shadi Mar’i is a well-known Israeli actor. He is best known for appearing in the Netflix web-series ‘Fauda’ (2015).
Shadi Mar’i was born on Thursday, 17 November 1994 (age 25 years; as in 2019), in Jerusalem, Israel. His zodiac sign is Scorpio. He joined the acting school, Yoram Levinstein in Tel Aviv, Israel. Facebook
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Hair Colour: Dark Brown
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
There is not much information about his personal life.
While he was studying, he joined ‘Beit Lessin Theater’ in Tel Aviv, Israel. He has performed in many theatre plays.
He debuted as an actor in the 2013 Israeli film, ‘Bethlehem’ in which he played the Palestinian teenager who passes information to the Israeli Secret Service. In 2014, he appeared in the films, ‘Lost White City’ and ‘A Borrowed Identity.’
He came into the limelight with the Netflix web-series, ‘Fauda,’ (2015), in which he played the role of Walid Al Abed.
- He is also known by the name ‘Shadi Merhi.’
- His debut film, ‘Bethlehem’ (2013) was selected as the Israeli entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 86th Academy Awards (2014). In an interview, Shadi shared his experience on being selected for his debut film, he said,
I didn’t know anything, I got interested in acting through an after-school theater class. I didn’t know about salaries or auditions, and when I was picked, I said to myself, ‘Oy va voy, what have I done.’ You feel so responsible, it’s hard to be in a new role, in a big role, and I had no idea what I was doing.”
- He is an animal lover and has two dogs.
- In 2020, he was listed in Israel’s Forbes 30 under 30 young leaders.
- He has performed with his music band live at various events.