King aka Arpan Kumar Chandel YouTube aka thisizhyoRoccóbabe Facebook – Arpann Kumar Chandel was born on Saturday, 10 October 1998 (age 24 years; as of 2022) in Uttar Pradesh, and later, he shifted to Delhi. His zodiac sign is Libra. He did his schooling at a government school. He did his schooling at Navyug Sr. Secondary School, Vinay Marg, Delhi. He then attended Dyal Singh College, University of Delhi to pursue a Bachelor of Arts. However, later, he dropped out of college. While he was in school and college, he used to publish his rap videos on various social media profiles.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
His father’s name is Ashok Chandel, and his mother’s name is Rani Chandel. He has a brother named Amit Kumar Chandel.
Reportedly, in 2018, he was in a relationship with a girl, but later, the duo parted ways.
In 2012, he started his YouTube channel ‘King Rocco’ and uploaded his first video ‘Boombass’ in 2015.
He received a silver play button for his YouTube channel in 2019.
On 5 October 2018, he released his first music album ‘Circumstances.’ Some of the songs released under the album are “She Know,” “Red Dirt State,” “The Divison,” and “Clearly By Now.”
Before making his career as a professional singer and rapper, he used to do a job in the government sector. In 2019, he auditioned for the TV reality show ‘MTV Hustle.’ He gave his audition digitally and sent his rap videos to the makers of MTV Hustle. He was then selected for the final audition round which was judged by the famous Indian rappers Raftaar, Raja Kumari, Nucleya, and Naezy. In the audition round, King sang ‘Mai Khoya Rahu’ song and with his performance, he became the first contestant to make it to the Top 15. He was among the Top-5 contestants in the show.
In 2020, he released the music album ‘The Carnival,’ and some of the songs released under the album includes “Dracula,” “90s,” “Mafiia,” “Let The Eyes Talk,” “IICONIC,” and “Tu Aake Dekhle.” He released another music album in the same year titled ‘Heartbreak, Made Me Do It.’
In 2021, he released the music album ‘The Gorilla Bounce’ with the songs “Casanova,” “Main Bas Kehti Nahi,” “Era,” and “Tera Hua Na Mai Kabhi.”
In 2022, he made his Bollywood debut as a singer with the Hindi film ‘Drishyam 2’ in which he lent his voice for the song “Sahi Galat.”
- Music Album: Hard Drive Vol.1 by Raftaar, besides 36
- Song: Raashah
- Actor: Esha Gupta
- While he was studying in class 8, he made a decision that he would make his career as a rapper. In his teens, he used to travel miles on his scooty just to get good microphones and speakers for recording his songs. In an interview, while talking about those days, King said,
We would book slots for recording, for like 30-35 mins and to record 4-5 songs. We did record every song in one take. I enjoyed those days as well. But eventually, we did struggle for the life we are living today and it’s all worth it.”
- He grew up listening to the rap songs of many international singers and Indian rappers like Yo Yo Honey Singh and Raftaar.
- During his struggling days as a rapper, he did a part-time job at New Delhi Municipal Council, and with his salary, he used to buy various musical instruments. The first musical instrument he bought was a guitar, and then he bought FL studio and other Music producing software. He then started composing music with the help of one of his friends.
- During the audition round of ‘MTV Hustle’ (2019), he shared the fact that how he developed an interest in music. He said,
At the age of 5, I used to listen to vocal groups like Backstreet Boys and Vengaboys. When I was in class 6, I used to be a part of choir singing. In class 11 and 12, I started producing music.”
- While he was in school, he used to play football.
- In an interview, he shared why he kept his name, King. YouTube He said,
I belong to the clan of kings ‘Chandel,’ my mother’s name is Raani, and I wanted a common name which is easy to pronounce and is understandable in various countries.”
- King is an avid dog lover and has shared various Instagram posts with dogs.
- In an interview, he thanked his fans whom he calls KingsClan for supporting him throughout his struggling days. While talking about it, he said,
“Bluprint” knows how to deal”, team Bluprint has always supported me, they understand what my requirements are. If you have a management like this and a fan base like KingsClan, then it automatically creates magic. Without my fans (KingsClan), King is just a normal human being.”
- In 2019, one of his music videos ‘Maahaul’ was taken down from YouTube over copyright issues.
- In November 2022, one of his events in events in Gaurav Garden, Raipur, got cancelled as he arrived late for the show. The audience present there started throwing bottles and chairs at him as soon as he arrived. He then immediately left the stage. Nav Bharat Times
- In 2021, his song “Father Saab” was ranked no.1 by the Kworb, a global artists ranking site. Instagram- King
- He has got a tattoo of ‘Mashhoor’ inked on his left forearm.
- He has performed live at various stage shows and events.