Pav Dharia is an Indian-Australian singer and producer who is prominent in the Punjabi music industry and is known for songs like ‘Bewafa,’ ‘Na Ja,’ ‘Zindagi Haseen,’ and ‘Bhul Na Javin.’ Pav Dharia has earned millions of fans with his music.
He attained his primary education in Batala and then moved to Australia for his higher education. Pav holds a degree in Engineering. He is settled in Sydney, Australia.
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Weight (approx.): 60 kg
Hair Colour: Natural Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest: 40″, Waist: 32″, Biceps: 14″
Family & Caste
Pav Dharia belongs to a Jatt Sikh family in the village Sarwali, Batala, Punjab.
Parents & Siblings
Pav Dharia’s father, Devinder Singh Dharia, is a Punjabi Folk singer, and his mother, Sukhwinder Kaur, is a homemaker. Pav Dharia is the only child of his parents.
Pav Dharia got married to his long-time girlfriend, Baljeet Kaur, in 2018. She is a diplomat at a lab technician company.
Before getting married, Pav Dharia dated his wife for a long time.
Pav Dharia follows Sikhism.
Pav Dharia started his career with the song ‘Bewafa,’ which was released in 2012. The vocals, music, and video were done by Pav Dharia himself.
In 2017, Pav Dharia released ‘Na Ja,’ which topped the charts and was declared a massive hit. Apart from singing, he wrote the lyrics of the song as well. The song has almost 550 million views on YouTube.
In 2020, Pav Dharia released ‘Zindagi Haseen,’ which was another successful track of his career. The song was loved worldwide for its romantic and soothing genre. In the same year, Pav made his Bollywood singing debut with the song ‘Funk’ in the Hindi neo-noir action thriller drama film ‘Taish.’ PTC Punjabi
Music Video Director
Awards & Nominations
- Pav Dharia won PTC’s Best NRI Music Producer Award in 2014.
- Pav Dharia was nominated for PTC Best Non-Resident Punjabi Music Director Award for the Album ‘Red,’ which had Punjabi singers Jassi Gill, Babbal Rai, and Prabh Gill.
- Pav Dharia was nominated for PTC’s Best Music Video Director Award for Jassi Gill’s song ‘Pyar Mera’.
- Pav Dharia was nominated for PTC’s Best Album of The Year Award.
- Pav Dharia was nominated for Best Music Director at The Brit Asia TV Music Awards in 2017.
- Song: ‘Sun Charkhe Di Mithi Mithi’ by Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan
- Actor: Ranbir Kapoor
- Singer(s): Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Devinder Dharia, Shaukat Ali
- Pav Dharia moved to Sydney, Australia in 1998 when he was just ten years old.
- Pav Dharia met his father for the first time when he was seven years old.
- Pav Dharia’s father moved to New Zealand in 1989 due to the Blue Star Operation held in Punjab. He then migrated to Australia.
- Pav Dharia’s father was the student of a legendary Punjabi singer, Lal Chand Yamla Jatt.
- The surname ‘Dharia’ was given to Pav’s father by Yamla Jatt because he was a Namdhari.
- When Pav went to meet Lal Chand Yamla Jatt for the first time in Ludhiana, Punjab, he accidentally smoked Yamla Jatt’s cigarette. He was just five years old at that time.
- Pav Dharia was bullied in his school in Australia for being a turban-wearing Sikh.
- He makes music albums and is self-learnt. Pav also conceptualized and made a music video for his father’s song ‘Meri Jhanjar.’
- Pav Dharia’s song ‘Bewafa’ was based on the real story of his girlfriend cheating on him with his friend.
- Pav Dharia is majorly influenced by Imran Khan (Dutch-Pakistani singer), Kam Frantic (music artist), The Weeknd (Canadian singer), and Roger Deakins (cinematographer).
- Pav Dharia’s dream collaboration is with Imran Khan.
- Pav Dharia made the music of Khan Saab’s song ‘Rim Jhim’ in the car while travelling from Jalandhar to Amritsar. The song was a major hit.
- Pav Dharia’s favourite song of his is ‘Teri Yaadan’.
- According to Pav Dharia, had he not become a singer, he would be a psychologist.
- He is a trained pilot and holds a private pilot’s license.
- Pav Dharia considers the Punjabi music director Dr. Zeus his biggest inspiration in music production. The Times of India
- Pav Dharia sang India’s national anthem at the fourth test match between India and Australia at Sydney Cricket Ground in 2019.
- Pav Dharia loves dogs and often shares pictures with his pet on social media.
- Pav Dharia loves to play the guitar and record it.
- Pav Dharia loves hiking and para-gliding during his vacation trips.
- Pav Dharia is very close to his grandmother, and he often shares pictures of her on social media.