Gurmukh Singh Sandhu, better known as Garry Sandhu, is a Punjabi singer, songwriter, composer, and actor. He came into the spotlight after singing the Punjabi Song “Mai Nhi Peenda Han Diye Tera Ishq Peonda Ni.”
Garry Sandhu was born on 14 April 1984 (age 35 Years; as in 2019) in village Rurka Kalan Near Goraya Distt. Jalandhar, Punjab. His zodiac sign is Aries.
He was educated at a Government School of Rurka Kalan. Garry was not so good at studies and used to run away from his school. He failed his 10th standard and got back to school again. Sandhu was good at sports and used to play Football in his childhood days. At the age of thirteen, he learned Kavishri from Gurdeep Singh and used to sing religious songs at Gurudwara Sahib with his friend, Jaggi Sandhu. When Garry turned 17, he moved to England and worked there in some labour oriented tasks. He, then, worked as a salesman. Garry started writing songs when he was in England. It took him 8 years, to release his first song.
Height (approx.): 6’
Weight (approx.): 75 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements: Chest 40″, Waist 32″, Biceps 14″
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
Garry Sandhu belongs to a Sikh Family. His father, Sohan Singh Sandhu, was a driver. He is very close to his mother. Garry has one elder brother.
Garry Sandhu is in a relationship with the Punjabi singer, Jasmine Sandlas. In December 2018, there were rumours of the couple getting separated but later, they got together once again.
Garry Sandhu started his singing career in 2010 with the Punjabi song “Mai Nhi Peenda Han Diye Tera Ishq Peonda Ni” which was very much liked by the audience. Subsequently, he gave hits one after another, including “Dil De De,” “Fresh,” “Sahan To Pyariya” and “Tohar.” In 2011, he received ‘Best Male Act’ award at the Brit Asia Awards. His first music album included seven songs which were penned down by Garry himself. In 2013, he sung the religious song, “Ik Tera Sahara” after he was deported to India. As a singer, Sandhu has released many popular Punjabi songs like “Ego,” “Excuses,” “Banda Ban Ja,” “Laddo,” “Illegal Weapon,” “Yeah Baby,” and “Love You Jatta.”
Garry made his acting debut in 2014 with the Punjabi film “Romeo Ranjha.” He owns a record label under the name Fresh Media Records under which he releases songs with various other artists. He also owns a clothing line “Fresh” which have its stores in Jalandhar, Amritsar, and Batala.
Garry Sandhu moved to the UK in 2002 and stayed there under a different identity. In 2013, he was arrested after he was deemed to have been living in the country illegally. He was jailed for 4 days and then deported from the UK.
- Cuisine: Punjabi Food
- Desserts: Laddoo, Jalebi, Gulab Jamun
- Actor: Akshay Kumar
- Singers: Babbu Maan, Khan Saab
- Sport: Football
- Colours: White, Red
- Garry Sandhu loves to do horse riding, driving, reading books, writing songs, and listening to music in his leisure time.
- He is often spotted drinking alcohol at various parties.
- When he was a kid, he had a huge crush on Kajol and he often used to bunk his school to watch her movies.
- Garry has never received formal training in music.
- He follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- Garry is very health conscious and likes to cook his own food.
- Initially, his parents were not happy with him choosing singing as his profession.
- Garry is a fitness enthusiast and never misses a day at the gym.
- Although Sandhu was poor at his studies and never passed his Matriculation, he speaks English very fluently. He says that he had learnt English from the streets of England.
- Garry penned the popular song “Din Raat Soniya Ve Teri Yaad Satave” while he was serving the jail term of four days in the UK.
- Garry is an avid animal lover.
- He has got inked a tattoo on his left forearm.