Jaan Sanu is an Indian playback singer, and he is the son of the popular Indian playback singer Kumar Sanu.
Jaan Kumar Sanu was born on Friday, 15 April 1994 (age 26 years; as in 2020), in Kolkata. Instagram His zodiac sign is Aries. He did his schooling from Maneckji Cooper Education Trust School in Mumbai. Facebook He holds a bachelor’s degree. DNA India
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family & Caste
He was born in a Bengali Hindu family.
Parents & Siblings
He was born in a family of musical background. His father, Kumar Sanu, is a well known Indian playback singer. His mother’s name is Rita Bhattacharya. Jaan has two elder brothers; his eldest brother, Jesse, is a teacher, and his elder brother, Zicco, is a graphic designer. In 1994, Kumar Sanu got divorced from Rita the same year when Jaan was born. Reportedly, Sanu got married to Jaan’s maternal aunt, Mita. IMDb He then got married to Saloni, and the couple has two daughters; Shannon K and Annabel. Shannon K is a well-known Hollywood singer, and she is the adopted child of Kumar Sanu. IMDb Jaan Kumar’s grandfather, Pashupati Bhattacharya, was a vocalist & composer, and his maternal grandmother, Neeta, was a singer too.
Relationships, Wife & Children
There is no information about his girlfriend, and he is not married yet.
When he was eight years old, he released his first Bengali music album, ‘Tomra Shunbe Toh,’ and his name was recorded in the Limca Book of Records for being the youngest singer to release his own album. He recorded his first song for the popular Indian singer Babul Bose for the film ‘Escape from Taliban’ in 2003. He has also sung in the Bollywood film ‘Akele Hum Akele Tum’ (1995) along with his father. He has worked as a voice-over artist and has dubbed for various cartoon characters. He has also participated as a contestant in the TV reality show ‘Rin Mera Star Superstar’ (2006).
At the age of 12, he lent his voice for chorus in the Bollywood song ‘Bam Bam Bole.’ As an adult, he debuted as a singer in the 2019 Bengali film ‘Roktomukhi Neela’ for the song ‘Shorger Chaabi.’ In 2016, he released a cover song of his father’s song ‘Dil Mera Churaya Kyun’ from the Hindi film ‘Akele Hum Akele Tum’ (1995).
On his YouTube channel, he has uploaded various cover songs, and some of his songs have more than one million views. In 2020, he released his song ‘Tu Sandali’ which he has dedicated to his maternal grandmother as it was recorded on the same day when his grandmother died.
He was one of the confirmed contestants to participate in the popular TV reality show, ‘Bigg Boss’ (2020). India Today
- Song(s): “Roja Jaaneman” from ‘Roja’ (1992) and “Ye Kali Raat Jakad Lu” from ‘Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela’ (2014)
- Cartoon Character: Dragon BallZ
- His full name is Jaan Kumar Sanu. Instagram
- Reportedly, many media sources claimed that his name was Kumar Jaanu, but he clarified that his name was not Jaanu.
- His real name is Jayesh Bhattacharya, and like his father, he is popular with his nickname. Telegraph India
- He started his training in the Hindustani Classical Music from the age of three. He got his initial training in music from his maternal grandmother. He is trained in singing under his guru, Rinku Dasgupta.
- Later, he did his training in the Hindustani classical music under Pandit Ratan Mohan Sharma, light Bollywood music under Gautam Mukherjee, western music under Samantha Edwards, and he also received training under Pandit Ratan Mohan Sharma who is the nephew of Pt. Jasraj.
- In an interview, he shared his childhood incident, he said,
I was three years old but could not speak. But once Ganesh Ji’s aarti was playing in the Ganesh pandal in the temple near our house. My mother was shocked when I sang Jai Ganesh Jai Ganesh on listening to Aarti. It was here that singing started and my parents felt that I was interested in music.”
- He believes that music is like doing meditation for him.
- In an interview, when he was asked “how did he get his debut project?” he replied,
I have met Ram sir (Ram Kamal Mukherjee) a long time back. He wrote an article on me as a kid. My first album was released when I was eight years old. He took my interview then. I met him again after many years at Nandita aunty’s house where I sang a song. He liked my voice and he offered me to sing this song for the film.”
- He is well versed in playing almost fifteen musical instruments, including harmonium, tabla, piano, and guitar.
- He has a deep faith in Lord Ganesha.
- He is an avid animal lover and has posted pictures with his pet dog on his social media accounts.
- His hobbies include sketching and playing the guitar.
- In an interview, he talked about nepotism in the Indian music and film industry, he said,
He believes I should get everything on my own. He says if I achieve something on my own, I will appreciate its value. My mother, too, taught me that lesson. My father’s story of how he came into the industry on his own inspires me.”
References [ + ]