Karishma Mehta was born on Monday, 9 March 1992 (age 31 years; as of 2023) in Mumbai. Her zodiac sign is Pisces. She was raised in Mumbai and did her schooling at Bombay Scottish School, Mahim in Mumbai. Karishma then spent two years in a boarding school. In 2013, she went on to pursue her bachelor’s in economics and business from the University of Nottingham in the UK. In 2014, she began her writing career.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Weight (approx.): 65 kg
Hair Colour: Dark Brown
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Figure Measurements (approx.): 26-32-26
Parents & Siblings
Karishma has a younger and an elder sister. Her younger sister is Chandni who is a psychologist and her elder sister is Prerna who works in corporate India. There is not much information about her parents.
She is unmarried.
She follows Hinduism.
At the age of 21, Karishma began her career with a Facebook page called ‘Humans of Bombay,’ in January 2014 after being inspired by the Humans of New York Facebook page by Brandon Stanton. She discovered the Humans of New York page in 2013, sought to find a comparable page for Mumbai, and when she couldn’t find one, she created a logo and launched her own Facebook page. She began by collaborating with two interns. Mehta approached people on the street and requested to photograph and interview them for the website.
By 2018, her team had grown to six people located in Mumbai, with freelancers in other regions of India. Humans of Bombay, like the HONY page, has moved to its own domain, humansofbombay.in. In people’s reviews, the website uses resources that were crowdfunded for the articles’ topics, and the blog made it possible to talk about taboo subjects and also allowed people to connect with one another. In 2016, she made her first attempt to directly raise money to support the website by compiling posts including some that had not yet been published online into a self-published book called Humans of Bombay. In an interview with the Khaleej Times, she said,
The website has more than a million Facebook fans and more than two million Instagram followers as of 2021.
Karishma started a YouTube video series called “How The Hell Did I Do It?” in 2022 that is based on interviews and features successful businesses, famous personalities, and other people who have achieved success answering questions to give viewers an inside look at how they did it.
In May 2023, Karishma inaugurated a new office place of Humans of Bombay with a team of about 30 people.
- In 2023, Karishma won the DNA Women Achievers Award.
- Book: The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
- Food: Sushi
- Place: London
- Author: J. K Rowling
- Karishma is a presenter at TEDx.
- She is a freelance writer for numerous publications like National Geographic and has been a speaker at the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade.
- Mehta has fluency in speaking Hindi, English, and Marathi.
- Karishma prefers to lead a very healthy lifestyle. She follows a routine of exercising and breathing activities.
- One of the highlights of her life was the opportunity she had to speak with the Prime Minister of India, Mr Narendra Modi.
- Karishma Mehta released the second version of his book “Humans of Bombay” in 2021, and it was an immediate success.
- She likes to meditate, travel, and take photos in her leisure time.