Kimi Verma is an Indian actor and fashion designer, who gained popularity in 1994 as Nasibo in the Punjabi film ‘Nasibo.’
Kimi Verma was born on Sunday, 20 November 1977 (age 44 years; as of 2021) in Jagraon, Punjab. She attended Guru Hargobind Public School, Sidhwan Khurd. She went to Mithibai College, Mumbai and Mumbai University for her higher studies. Her education qualification involves B. Com. and M.B.A. The Tribune
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Weight (approx.): 50 kg
Hair Colour: Brown
Note: She often dyes her hair in different colours.
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): 34-28-34
Parents & Siblings
Kimi`s father`s name is Krishan Kamal, who is a photographer.
Her mother`s name is Kamaljit Kaur.
She has one brother, whose name is Karan Kamal, and he is also a photographer.
Husband & Children
Kimi got married on 17 June 2001 to a businessman named Vishal.
She has two daughters Cyrah and Arya.
Kimi started her acting career in 1994 with the Punjabi film Nasibo as Nasibo. She was also featured in other Punjabi movies like Qahar (1997), Shaheed Udham Singh (2000), Jee Aayan Nu (2002), Mera Pind-My home (2008), Ajj De Ranjhe (2012), and many more.
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- In 1993, she won the title of Miss Bombay.
- She won the title of Femina Miss India Beautiful Hair title in 1994.
- In 2014, she won the Couture Award at the L.A. Fashion Awards.
- In 2014, she also won the Rising Stars Award at the EmpowHer Institute.
- In 2018, Kimi won the title of Mrs India USA.
- Kimi was born in Punjab but later moved to Mumbai for her higher studies. She started modelling in Mumbai and was featured in more than 100 ads. Later, she went to the USA and started her own women’s fashion house named Shail K, and became the CEO of the company.
- She participated in social work and contributed to various charities that provide food to people. She also supports female entrepreneurs. In an interview, she talked about women empowerment and said,
It is very important for women to be financially independent. It teaches them self-worth. I stand big and tall for women having support from institutions for their organizations and goals.”
- She was not much interested in acting when she was a child. She never took part in drama or dance programs in school. She did her first film when she was 14 years old.
- Kimi had to change her name to Kavita Kamal as the producers and director thought that her name Kimi was very short. Later, she again changed her name to Kimi.
- In an interview, when she was asked about her startup, she said that she wanted to use her M.B.A degree for the right thing.
- In 2021, Kimi made a comeback after a gap of five years with the film ‘Parvaaz: The Journey.’
- Kimi had achieved a certificate of a Nutritionist from Stanford University. She became interested in fitness when she saw that people around her were ill and were not able to manage their diets and eating habits. In an interview, she talked about health and wellness and said,
It’s important to create good habits because we think we are taking action if we are motivated but motivation is not reliable, you can be motivated one day then not be motivated in the evening anymore, so motivation is not reliable, but habits are. .f you create habits that’s what will last. I’m a big believer in habits as opposed to motivation only. I’ve seen this happen to many people in my motivation work — they are motivated by looking at some actor or something but that motivation doesn’t last — but if they change their habits, their habits last.”
- She went to India, U.K, Egypt and Sri Lanka for modelling for brands that include Sunsilk, HSBC, Clinic Plus, Liberty, Nescafe, etc.
- She was mostly seen in Punjabi movies. In an interview, when she was asked about appearing in Punjabi movies, she said,
I love Punjabi culture and I will promote it all the time. I will act in movies only if I get good meaningful roles. I did get offers in Hindi films but I was not very keen as these days Hindi films have hardly any good storyline.”
- She was praised by many people and in an interview, she said that her movie ‘ Jee Aayan Nu’ in 2002 changed the culture of Punjabi industry.
- She is often seen posting pictures on Instagram with her daughters.
- She is often seen drinking at some occasions, and posts photos on Instagram.