Tania was born on Thursday, 6 May 1993 (age 30 years; as of 2023) in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, and grew up in Amritsar (Punjab) and Canada. Her zodiac sign is Taurus.
She attended BBK DAV College for Women, Amritsar, Punjab and passed out with 98 per cent. Later, she pursued a postgraduate degree in Interior Designing and Project Management. She then did a four-year course in theatre at Guru Nanak Dev University (GNDU), Amritsar, Punjab. She received the best actor award many times while she was at Guru Nanak Dev University. Tribune India
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Weight (approx.): 50 kg
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Body Measurements (approx.): 34-28-34
Parents & Siblings
Her father is a doctor, and her mother’s name is Anju Arora. She has a younger sister named Tamannah.
She was offered the role of Sarabjit’s daughter in the Hindi film ‘Sarabjit’ (2016), but she could not accept the offer due to her final exams. In 2018, she made her debut in the Punjabi film ‘Qismat’ as Aman (supporting actor).
She then appeared in the Punjabi film ‘Son of Manjeet Singh’ (2018) as Simran starring Gurpreet Ghuggi and B.N. Sharma. She then appeared in the Punjabi film ‘Guddiyan Patole’ as Nicole along with the famous Punjabi actress Sonam Bajwa in 2019.
In the same year, she was seen in the Punjabi film ‘Rabb Da Radio 2’ as a supporting actress.
Her first film as a lead actress was ‘Sufna’ (2020) in which she played the character of Teg alongside Punjabi singer and actor Ammy Virk.
After her breakthrough performance in the Punjabi film ‘Qismat’ she was roped in the sequel of Qismat titled ‘Qismat 2’ in 2021.
As of 2021, she is shooting for the Punjabi films ‘Bajre Da Sitta,’ ‘Sufna 2,’ and ‘Lekh.’ In 2020, Tania appeared in various Punjabi music videos such as “Teri Meri Ladayi” by Maninder Buttar, “Me & U” by Gippy Grewal, and “Kya Baat Aa” by Karan Aujla.
- The National level award for Classical Dancer in 2008
- Miss Amritsar 2011
- Best Actor of the Year (GNDU) (2012-2016)
- Brit Asia TV Awards for the best supporting role in the Punjabi film ‘Qismat’ (2018)
- Beverage: Iced Capp
- Colour: Peach
- She is a trained Indian classical dancer and has performed up to the national level competitions.
- During an interview, she shared that becoming an actor was her childhood dream. She said,
Since childhood I wanted to become an actress, I just could not tell my parents. It actually took me years to tell them, as they would not have accepted it. Our profession is very uncertain; today you are earning good and the next day you don’t have work at all. Parents feel that you either should be in a business where you have control over your money, or you should do a job and get a fixed salary every month. And according to me once you start there’s no looking back until unless there’s a flaw in your work. So gradually as I grew up I gathered the courage, and I told my parents.”
So I did my plus two with medicine. Then I told them that I don’t want to study medicine any more, I took the subject in plus two only for their sake. I even said I don’t want to study at all. Though I was a scholar; in graduation I got 98 percent, then I did post graduation also. But all my parents wanted at that time was for me to become a doctor. They made me sit in PMT. I said fine I will sit in the test but I don’t want to become a doctor, because I was leaning more towards a creative field. So when I joined college, I did theatre for four years, and then I did my post graduation. So it took me 6 years to complete my studies and then finally I got permission to get into films.”
- While she was in BBK DAV College for Women, Amritsar, Punjab, she won Miss BBK DAV title.
- She is an avid animal lover and has a few pet dogs.
- In her leisure time, she loves to read books and travel.
- In her social media posts, she is spotted with a bottle of beer and a glass of wine. Instagram- Tania
- In an interview, she shared that she was fond of lipsticks.
- In one of her Instagram posts, Tania shared that she gained 13.4 kg of her body weight for her role in the Punjabi film ‘Lekh.’
View this post on Instagram
- She has been featured on the cover page of various magazines.