Jagjeet Singh Sandhu is an Indian actor and theatre artist who mainly works in the Punjabi Film Industry. He is best known for playing the role of ‘Bhola’ in the Punjabi film “Rupinder Gandhi.”
Jagjeet Singh was born on Saturday, 8 June 1991 (age 29 years; as in 2020) in Himmatgarh Chhanna village, Amloh, Fatehgarh Sahib, Punjab. His zodiac sign is Gemini.
He did his schooling from a government school in his village. Jagjeet was inclined towards acting since childhood. As a child, he was very naughty, and his school authorities found him suitable for a role in a theatre play. When he was in class 5, he got connected with a theatre group in the city of Amloh as a child artist.
While in school, he travelled to various villages across Punjab doing street plays. Jagjeet used to receive Rs. 50 for his performance in the plays, which pleased his family members. He graduated with M.A. in Theatre from Panjab University.
During his college days, he participated in different activities in Youth Festivals. Meanwhile, he joined Padma Shri Neelam Mann Singh’s theater group ‘The Company Theater.’
While he was in his final year of college, Jagjeet gave an audition for the film “Rupinder Gandhi” and bagged a role in it.
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Light Brown
Family & Caste
Jagjeet Sandhu was born into a Jat Sikh Family. Not much is known about his parents. He has one elder brother.
Jagjeet Sandhu started his acting career in 2015 with the Punjabi film “Rupinder Gandhi- The Gangster.” He played the role of ‘Bhola’ in the film and earned praise for his acting skills. In the same year, he played the role of ‘Speed’ in the film “Qissa Panjab.”
Subsequently, he played supporting roles in many Punjabi films, including “Rabb Da Radio,” “Rocky Mental,” “Sajjan Singh Rangroot,” “Kaka Ji,” “Dakuan Da Munda,” and “Shadda.”
In 2017, he appeared in the sequel of the film “Rupinder Gandhi – The Gangster.”
He has also worked in the Canadian drama “Anatomy of Violence.” Jagjeet’s first film as a lead actor was “Unni Ikki” in which he played the role of ‘DC.’
He made his debut in the Digital Media with Netflix’s web series “Leila.” In 2020, Jagjeet played the role of ‘Tope Singh’ in Amazon Prime’s web series “Paatal Lok.”
- Food: Saag, Choley-Bhaturey
- Beverage: Coffee
- Actor(s): Kiku Sharda, Harish Verma
- Actress(es): Neeru Bajwa, Emma Watson
- Singer(s): Gurdas Mann, Manmohan Waris
- TV Show: Comedy Nights With Kapil
- Colour: Black
- Travel Destination(s): Khajuraho Group of Monuments in Madhya, Pradesh, India and Niagara Falls in Canada
- His hobbies include dancing and doing mimicry.
- Sandhu was born in a lower-middle-class family, and it was very difficult for him to pay his hostel fee.
- He is fond of dogs and keeps posting his pictures with dogs on his Instagram account.
- Sandhu is a fitness enthusiast and visits the gym regularly.
- Jagjeet owns a Maruti Swift.
- He has featured on the cover of the FilmIndia Magazine.
- Jagjeet shared in an interview that he was fascinated with cinema in foreign languages. He loved European and Iranian cinema.
- In 2016, he featured in the short film “Fok-E-Singer.”
- Jagjeet shared during an interview that he drunk alcohol for the first time during the shooting of his film Rupinder Gandhi. He got drunk as he wanted to act natural for a drinking scene in the film. He also shared that he had never smoked in his entire life except for the shooting of a few films.
- Jagjeet earned Rs. 15000 for his first film and he spent that money to buy himself a motorcycle.
- During an interview, he revealed that the first film that his mother ever watched in the theatre was his debut film “Rupinder Gandhi – The Gangster.”
- Despite receiving so much of fame, Jagjeet still lives with his family in his traditional home in the village Himmatgarh Chhanna.