Amit Bhalla, popularly known by his stage name Ninja, is a Punjabi singer, lyricist, and actor. He came into the spotlight after singing the Punjabi song “Thokda Reha.”
Ninja was born on Wednesday, 6 March 1991 (age 29 years; as in 2020) in Dholewal Chownk, Ludhiana, Punjab. His zodiac sign is Pisces.
He was inclined towards music from a young age. His father owned a small music cafe where Ninja used to listen to the songs of Kuldeep Manak and sing them along. He gave his first stage performance when he was in class 8. After listening to his voice, his friends and teachers motivated him to take part in inter school competitions. While in school, Ninja bagged many prizes for his singing. After completing his schooling, Ninja enrolled himself in Ludhiana’s Arya College to pursue B.Com. However, he discontinued the course due to financial unstability. Later, he graduated in B.A. from the same college after his friends and teachers contributed the money for his fee.
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Hair Colour: Dark Brown
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Family & Caste
Ninja belongs to a Sikh Khatri Family. Wikipedia Not much is known about his parents. Ninja has a younger brother, Sumit Bhalla.
He is married. Not much is known about his wife.
Ninja started his music career in 2014 with the Punjabi song “Annd Mannd Ka Tola.” The song was a big failure. Subsequently, he released the Punjabi song “Thokda Reha,” which was a huge hit and earned Ninja recognition.
He, then, went on to release many Punjabi hit songs like “Challa (Dushman),” “Jattan Da Putt Mada Ho Gya,” “Oh Kyu Ni Jaan Ske,” “Gal Jatan Wali,” “Aadat,” and “Pindaan Wale Jatt.”
He made his acting debut in 2017 with the Punjabi film, “Channa Mereya.” Thereafter, he appeared in films like “High End Yaariya,” “Ardab Mutiyara,” “Doorbeen,” and “Zindgi Zindabad.”
Besides acting and singing, he has also appeared as a judge in the Punjabi singing reality show “Aawaz Punjab Di.”
He has also performed live on many stage shows across India and abroad.
- PTC Punjabi Music Award for Best New Age Vocalist for the song “Oh Kyu Ni Jan Sake” (2018)
- PTC Punjabi Film Award for Best Playback Singer for the song “Hawa De Warke” (2018)
- Filmfare Award Punjabi for Best Debut Male for the film “Channa Mereya” (2018)
- Food: Makki Di Roti, Sarson Da Saag, Kulcha
- Actress: Deepika Padukone
- Singer: Sunidhi Chauhan
- Musician: Kuldeep Manak
- Colour: Black
- Travel Destination: Canada
- His hobbies include dancing and travelling.
- During his college days, he did part-time job in Vodafone as a team leader and used to earn Rs. 2500 per month.
- Ninja had approached many audio companies to release his first song, but the companies demanded huge amount of money. It was then that Ninja decided to launch his song by himself; as his budget was limited at that time.
- Ninja shared during an interview that he was very aggressive by nature and wanted to change this behaviour.
- Before making a career in singing, Ninja weighed 130 kg. It took him around two and a half years to shed extra weight and get in shape.
- Ninja is good at playing traditional musical instruments like Algoze, Dilruba, Dhadd, Dhol, Gagar, Gharha, Bugchu, Chimta.
- Initially, his parents were against his decision of making his career as a singer.
- Ninja has featured on the cover of the Glimpse Magazine.
- He is a fitness enthusiast and hits the gym regularly.
- Ninja is an avid dog lover and has a pet dog, Husky. He has got an artist playing algoza inked on his right arm. Later, Ninja revealed that the artist is his mentor, Pali Khadim Ji, who taught him Algoza.