Aria, an Indian K-pop singer and actress, is most popularly known as the maknae (youngest member) of X:in, an all-girl K-pop band. She is also the second Indian K-pop idol to debut in the Korean pop industry, after Sriya of BLACKSWAN.
Aria, whose real name is Gauthami and is formerly known as Ami, The Economic Times was born on Wednesday, March 12, 2003 (age 20 years; as of 2023) in Kerela, India. Her zodiac sign is Pisces. She was raised in Mumbai.
Height (approx.): 5 ft 3 in
Weight (approx.): 43 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): 30-26-30
She belongs to a Malayali family.
Parents & Siblings
Not much is known about her family and siblings.
Husband & Children
Aria is unmarried.
She follows Hinduism.
In the 2011 Malayalam-language film “Melvilasom” (The Address), she was a child actor who portrayed the character of Ammu. She made her debut when she was just three years old in TV serials and advertisements.
Aria began her journey as a trainee under GBK Entertainment on January 1, 2022, until February 11, 2023, with the aspiration to become a Korean artist. On November 29, 2022, the agency unveiled her as one of the five chosen members of the upcoming girl group MEP-C, but she eventually decided to leave the group in 2023 due to some personal reasons.
New girl group MEPC has revealed the member profile for Aria
— nugu promoter (@nugupromoter) December 3, 2022
Later, on February 11, 2023, she joined ESCROW Entertainment and was introduced as the final member of the girl group X:IN on March 8, 2023.
Making her debut as a K-pop artist, Aria released her album “Keeping The Fire” on April 11, 2023, along with a music video that received 97K views within 24 hours. Prior to the album release, the group dropped a pre-debut single titled “Who Am I” on March 12, 2023.
K-pop Singer: V (Kim Tae-hyung) from BTS
- She is not only the second Indian K-pop idol, following Sriya of BLACK SWAN, but also the first K-pop idol of Malayali ethnicity.
- She decided to get into K-Pop when she was in high school. Aria explains that once while watching TV she came across the song by BTS, Blood, Sweat and Tears, and was immediately struck. She looked it up and started practicing for the same. She even tried out auditions before she passed.
- Before her debut song, Aria rehearsed for only 6 months. She, however, practiced every single day and even by herself after practicing with the group.
- Aria revealed that she never thought of doing raps. It all happened when she rapped in front of a producer during her monthly evaluation. She feels rapping in Korean is hard because of her pronounciation.
- She was the one who first thought of the band name as ‘X:in’ means “to go further” in Latin. 껌TV – YouTube
- Aria stands out as the most popular member of the group, garnering attention in Korean and Chinese forums for her unique looks and ethnicity. Her dance video got more than 1 million views on the Chinese platform Weibo!
- Recently, the X:IN band performed their song “Keeping The Fire” on the popular South Korean music program, SBS Inkigayo. Aria’s participation in the performance marked her debut on the show, making her the first Indian girl to ever perform on Inkigayo.
- She can speak Hindi, English, Malayalam, and Korean.
- Aria had a huge culture shock when she first came to Korea. It was the saunas in public places which was quite strange.
- For Aria, adjusting to Korea was a bit hard at first because of the food, cultural shocks, and climate; however, she adapted due quickly and now feels at home there.
- Aria likes to spend some time alone to gather her thoughts.