Aasif Khan is an Indian television and film actor. He played the character of ‘Anas Ahmad’ in the popular Hindi web-series, ‘Jamtara- Sabka Number Ayega.’
Aasif Khan was born on Wednesday, 13 March 1991 (age 29 years; as in 2020), in Nimbahera, a small town in Rajasthan. His zodiac sign is Pisces. He did his schooling from Kailash Vidya Vihar, Nimbahera and KVV in Vijayanagar. He studied fine arts from Mohanlal Sukhadia University in Udaipur, Rajasthan. Facebook
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
He was born in a Muslim family. His father, Late Ayyub Khan worked in J. K. Cement, who died in 2008. His mother’s name is Firdous Khan. There is not much information about his love life.
He shifted to Jaipur from Nimbahera in 2012. He started his career as a theatre actor for ‘Sarthak and Ujaagar Theatre Group.’
He has worked as a casting director in various web-series and Hindi films, including ‘TVF Bachelors’ (2016-2017), ‘What Will People Say’ (2017), ‘Secret Superstar’ (2017), and ‘Raid’ (2018). He has appeared as an actor in many web-series and Hindi films, like ‘Ghumakkad’ (2017), ‘Mirzapur’ (2018), ‘India’s Most Wanted’ (2019), ‘Jamtara- Sabka Number Ayega’ (2020), and ‘Paatal Lok’ (2020).
- In an interview, he shared an interesting story of his childhood, he said,
In my childhood, I was fond of dancing at weddings, after that in 2003, a show happened which was “The Great Indian Laughter Challenge”, in the aftermath of that show, stand-up comedy was introduced in my life as an art form. I was impressed with this art form as an individual can play various characters, after that, I started performing stand-up comedy in my very city, I learned many things from that, and also I have won many competitions too.”
- In 2010, he shifted to Mumbai to make his career in acting, but he failed to get work. He worked as a waiter in various hotels for his survival and decided to return to his hometown. He talked about his struggling days in an interview, he said,
My friends started provoking me that I should go ahead in acting and after that in 2010, I decided to go Mumbai, literally, I have done a mistake, that I went Mumbai without any preparation, my family was against my decision of making a career in acting, so I had no financial support. Let me tell you one interesting thing about Mumbai that there is a huge difference in Mumbai of your dreams and actual Mumbai. After that in 2011, I came back to Nimbahera and worked in theatre for 6 years, from the very day, my passion for acting has begun.”
- After working in theatres for more than five years, he decided to shift to Mumbai again to pursue his acting career. He started giving auditions and joined ‘Casting Bay;’ as a casting director. In an interview, he said,
I can’t even express how grateful I am to have my mentors Abhishek Banerjee and Anmol Ahuja since the very beginning of my career. I couldn’t have been able to do anything without their support, also I am very thankful to Vibhu Gupta and Vikas Pal, the casting directors of Jamtara – Sabka Number Aayega.”
- He has also appeared in a few TV commercials.
- He is a big fan of the ‘King of Bollywood,’ Shah Rukh Khan.
- In 2018, he won the Best Actor Award for the Hindi short film, “Vacancy” by Skylight Film Festival.