Tony Kakkar is a singer, music composer, and lyricist. He is the elder brother of the Bollywood singer, Neha Kakkar. He is best known for his song “Coca Cola Tu.”
Tony Kakkar was born as Vipin Kakkar on Monday, 9 April 1984 (age 35 years; as in 2019) in Rishikesh, Uttarakhand. His zodiac sign is Aries.
In the early 90s, his family shifted to Delhi. Just like his sisters, Sonu and Neha, Tony also started singing bhajans at jagratas in and around Delhi.
In 2004, Tony, along with his sister Neha Kakkar, shifted to Mumbai. Tony often used to accompany Neha for her recordings and it was there that he started learning technical aspects about composing music. Slowly, he started making demo CDs. Once, the actor-producer, Pooja Bhatt, heard Tony’s music and advised him to meet the T-series owner, Bhushan Kumar. Bhushan liked Tony’s work and offered him his first song.
Height (approx.): 5’ 6”
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family & Caste
Tony Kakkar made his singing debut in 2012 with the single “SRK Anthem.” Next, he worked as a music director in the film “Mr. Bhatti On Chutti” (2012).
He made his Bollywood debut as a music composer and lyricist with the song ‘Sawan Aaya Hai’ from the horror film “Creature 3D.” Subsequently, he composed the music for songs like “Ek Do Teen Char” and “Khuda Bhi” from the film ‘Ek Paheli Leela;’ “Mile Ho Tum,” “Khara Khara,” and “Dil Ashkon Mein” from the film ‘Fever;’ and “Mohabbat Nasha Hai” from the film ‘Hate Story 4.’
Some of the popular songs sung by him include “Coca Cola Tu,” “Dheeme Dheeme,” “Mile Ho Tum,” “Car Mein Music Baja,” and “Kuch Kuch.”
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Beverage: Coffee
- Actress: Deepika Padukone
- Colour(s): White, Black, Grey
- Sport: Cricket
- Holiday Destination: Mauritius
- His hobbies include playing & watching cricket, watching films, and travelling.
- Tony Kakkar was born into an economically weak family. His father used to sell samosas outside schools and colleges to earn his living.
- At the age of 6, Tony started singing bhajans with his sisters in the jagratas. They used to get Rs. 50 each for every performance.
- Tony’s family has no musical background. His sister, Sonu Kakkar is the first person from his family to pursue music as her career.
- He is an ardent follower of Lord Ganesha.
- Tony has featured on the cover of the Glimpse Magazine along with his sister, Neha Kakkar.
- He owns a Mercedes-Benz car.
References [ + ]