Harbhajan Mann is a Punjabi singer, actor, model, and a film producer.
Harbhajan Mann was born on 30 December 1965 (age 53 years; as in 2018) in Village Khemuana, Bathinda, Punjab. His zodiac sign is Capricorn. He did his initial schooling from Bathinda. He developed a deep interest in music at a very young age. Harbhajan used to visit Gurudwara every day with his brother Gursevak Mann and started singing Kavishri. He started learning music from Guru Baba Karnail Singh. When Mann was in his 6th standard, he shifted to Canada. There he learned classical music from Shiek Hamed and Balbir Singh Bandhu. By 1980, he started singing in the local shows for the South Asian Community in Canada. After completing his graduation, Harbhajan returned to India to pursue his career in the Punjabi Music Industry.
Height (approx.): 6’ 1”
Weight (approx.): 80 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Family, Caste & Wife
Harbhajan Mann belongs to a Sikh Family. He is the son of Late Sardar Harnek Singh and Dalip Kaur. He is 6th amongst his 4 brothers and 3 sisters. His brother Jasbir Mann has died. two of his brothers are Jass Mann, and Gursewak Mann, singer.
He is married to Harmandeep Kaur and has two sons, Avkash Singh Mann, and Mehar Inder Singh Mann. He also has a daughter, Sahir Kaur Mann.
Harbhajan Mann made his singing debut in 1992, with the Punjabi song “Chithiye Ne Chithiye.” However, his breakthrough came in 1999, with the superhit song “Gallan Goriyan.” Mann has sung many hit Punjabi songs like “Jag Jeondeyan De Mele,” “Vadhaiyan Jee Vadhaiyan,” “Nachlai,” “Haaye Meri Billo,” “Satrangi Peengh,” and “Mauj Mastiyan.”
Harbhajan made his acting debut in 2002 with the Punjabi film “Jee Aayan Nu.” Subsequently, he appeared in the films “Asa Nu Mann Watna Da,” “Dil Apna Punjabi,” “Mitti Wajaan Mardi,” “Mera Pind-My home,” “Jag Jeondiyan De Mele,” and “Heer Ranjha.”
As a producer, he has produced Punjabi films like “Jag Jeondeyan De Mele,” “Heer Ranjha,” “Haani,” and “PR.”
- In 2014, an arrest warrant was issued against Harbhajan in a cheque bounce case in the Faridkot court.
- In 2014, he landed into controversy for advertising for the SAD party. He resigned from his position in the party after he was questioned about his relations with the Badal Sarkar.
- Food: Makki Roti, Sarson Saag, Bhindi
- Actor: Guggu Gill
- Holiday Destination: Canada
- Colour: Blue
- Singers: Kuldeep Manak, Shaukat Ali (Pakistani Singer)
- Book: Mera Pind by Gyani Gurudutt Singh
- His hobbies include reading Punjabi literature & newspapers, Spending time with family, Travelling, and watching the ice hockey game.
- It was his mother who introduced him into the world of music for the first time.
- Only a few people know that Mann left India and moved to Canada during the Sikh Riots in the early 80s.
- Harbhajan sang for the first time in India at the Mohan Singh Mela in Ludhiana.