Parmish Verma is an Indian actor, singer, model, and video director who mainly works in the Punjabi Film Industry. He came into the spotlight after directing the music video of Ninja’s song “Thokda Reha.”
Parmish Verma was born on Tuesday, 3 July 1990 (age 31 years; as of 2021) in Patiala, Punjab. His zodiac sign is Cancer. He did his schooling from Patiala’s Yadavindra Public School.
Being the son of a theatre artist, Parmish inherited the love for language, art, and theatre from his father. He joined his school’s theatre group when he was in his class 4. As he stepped into the world of theatre, his passion for acting grew manifold. Parmish was not so good at studies in his childhood and managed to score only the passing marks. While in school, he was very active in co-curricular activities like creative writing, debates, and theatre. After completing his schooling, Parmish enrolled himself in a hotel management course. Parmish dropped out of the course in between and moved to Sydney, Australia to pursue his further education. Verma led a very struggling life in Australia. He worked there tirelessly for hours on a stretch, did all kinds of odd jobs, and even starved himself in order to save money.
Once, Parmish finally got settled in Australia, his father reminded him of his dream to pursue acting and direction as his career. He, then, returned to India to build a career in the entertainment field.
Height (approx.): 5′ 11″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Family & Caste
As per his PR Team, Parmish Verma is a Sikh by faith.
Parents & Siblings
His father, Dr. Satish Verma is a professor, a renowned Punjabi writer, poet, and a theatre artist. His mother, Paramjit Verma is a professor at the Punjabi University, Patiala. He has an elder sister, Sherry Rana and a younger brother, Sukhan Verma.
On 17 October 2021. he got engaged to Geet Grewal, a lawyer and political leader in Canada.
The couple got married on 19 October 2021.
Parmish Verma started his career as a video director in 2014 by directing the music video of the Punjabi song “Zimmewari Bhukh Te Doori.” The video depicted the story of an adolescent migrant, which was inspired by his own life. Subsequently, he directed the music video of Ninja’s song “Thokda Reha” which became a huge hit. Some of his popular music videos include “Aadat,” “Gal Jattan Wali,” and “Gallan Mithiyan.”
Parmish made his acting debut by playing a small role in the Punjabi film “Punjab Bolda” (2011). In 2017, Parmish appeared as the main lead in the Punjabi film “Rocky Mental.” He has also appeared in the Punjabi films “Dil Diyaan Gallan” and “Singham” (Punjabi).
Parmish made his singing debut in 2017 with the song “Le Chakk Me Aa Gya.” The song became a sensation immediately after its release. Subsequently, she released songs like “Gal Ni Kadni, ” “Sab Fade Jaange,” “Shada, ” “Kache Pakke Yaar,” and “Klolan.”
- Parmish Verma got into a verbal spat with the self-assigned preacher of Sikhism, Gurjant Singh, after Gurjant criticised him for commenting positively on a music video featuring a dancing girl. Gurjant then started commenting on his work, religion, and background. After which, Parmish Verma gave a befitting reply to him. Times of India
- Parmish was alleged of copying the concepts of the songs of other genres and using them in his videos. Jagbani TV once released a video titled “Parmish Verma Exposed,” which displayed the videos of Parmish and the sources from where he had copied the concepts.
- On 13 April 2018, Parmish, along with his friend Laadi, were chased and shot by some unknown attackers at around 12:30 am in sector 91, Mohali. The duo suffered minor injuries and was rushed to the Fortis Hospital. While the police was still investigating the case, gangster, Dilpreet Singh Dhahan took the responsibility of the attack by making a post on his Facebook account. On 15 April 2018, Dhahan was arrested by the Haryana Police from Solan district of Himachal Pradesh. The Quint
Parmish Verma owns a Mercedes Benz G 63 AMG and a Fortuner car.
- Cuisine: Punjabi
- Actor: Vin Diesel
- Actress: Sushmita Sen
- Fitness Model: VJ Bani
- Rapper: Bohemia
- Songs: “Mukhda” by Amar Arshi, “Yaar Badneetiya” by Gurdas Maan
- Colours: Black, White
- Accessories: Watches
- Travel Destination: Santorini in Greece
- His hobbies include gymming, travelling, writing poems, reading, and collecting watches.
- Parmish Verma is a fitness enthusiast and visits the gym regularly.
- Parmish shares a great bond with Gurdas Maan‘s family, and it was Maan’s son, Gurikk Maan, who had motivated Parmish while he was in Australia.
- The script of his first film “Punjab Bolda” was written by his father.
- He was named Parmish by his father. His name is a combination of his parents’ names, i.e., the prefix of his mother’s name, “Param”jit and the suffix of his father’s name, Sat”ish.”
- Parmish has also worked as a trainer in a fitness gym in Chandigarh.
- His first job in Sydney was to wash the utensils. He later worked as a bartender at the same place and eventually became the manager of the pub.
- Before venturing into the commercial cinema, Parmish had practised theatres for more than 10 years.
- The name of Parmish’s character in the film “Rocky Mental” was inspired by the name of his childhood friend, Aaswant Singh Dhaliwal. Parmish named his character in the film as Rajdeep Singh Dhaliwal in order to pay respect and show his love towards his childhood friend.
- Parmish is fond of fancy and luxurious wristwatches.
- He has got 4 tattoos inked on his body. Parmish got his brother’s name “Sukhan” inked on his left forearm when he was 18 years old. He has a tattoo on his back that reads as “Param-Sat.” Parmish has got ” Believe” tattooed on his right shoulder. He also has a tattoo on his right gut, which reads “Miles to go before I sleep.”
- Parmish shares a great bond with his niece, Noor, and keeps sharing his pictures with her on his Instagram account.
- Parmish Verma is an avid dog lover and owns a pet dog.
- His family and friends fondly call him Paru.