Naresh Kathooria is an Indian film writer, producer, and actor known for his work in Indian Punjabi films. He has written various super-hit Indian Punjabi films such as ‘Carry On Jatta’ (series), ‘Lucky Di Unlucky Story’ (2013), and ‘Chandigarh Amritsar Chandigarh’ (2019). In 2023, he wrote the script and dialogues of the film ‘Carry on Jatta 3.’
Naresh Kathooria was born on 26 July in Giddarbaha, Muktsar, Punjab. He received his bachelor’s degree from DAV College, Bathinda, Punjab. He later pursued M.A. in Theatre and Television at Punjabi University, Patiala. Hindustan Times
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Hair Colour: Light Ash Blonde
Eye Colour: Brown
Parents & Siblings
Wife & Children
He got married to Paridhi Sharma on 25 January 2014. The couple has a daughter named Ishani Kathoooria.
In 2003, Naresh Kathooria wrote some episodes of the TV show ‘Bongo,’ which aired on Doordarshan. He worked as a co-scriptwriter for the Hindi TV series ‘Chaldi Da Naam Gaddi’ (2007), which aired on Zee TV. In 2009, he co-wrote the script for the comedy reality show ‘Hans Baliye,’ on Star One. He also wrote the script for the popular comedy reality show ‘Comedy Circus’ for two years (2009-2011). In 2023, he appeared as a guest along with the team of the film ‘Carry on Jatta 3’ on the talk show ‘The Kapil Sharma Show.’
Naresh Kathooria debuted as a writer in the Punjabi film industry with the film ‘Chakk De Phatte’ (2008) in which he worked as a co-screenplay writer and co-dialogue writer along with Amberdeep Singh. In 2012, he worked as a co-screenwriter and dialogue writer for the Punjabi film ‘Carry on Jatta.’ The film received immense appreciation from the audience and later proved to be the breakthrough of the writer’s career. In 2013, he co-wrote the screenplay and dialogues for the film ‘Lucky Di Unlucky Story’ along with film writers Vaibhav Suman and Smeep Kang.
In 2023, he made his Bollywood debut with the film ‘Dream Girl 2,’ starring Ayushmann Khurrana. He has written stories, dialogues, and screenplays for various Indian Punjabi films including ‘Jatts in Golmaal’ (2013), ‘Vekh Baraatan Challiyan’ (2017), ‘Mr & Mrs 420 Returns’ (2018), ‘Jinne Jamme Saare Nikamme’ (2021), ‘Yaar Mera Titliaan Warga’ (2022) and ‘Carry on Jatta 3’ (2023).
Naresh Kathooria debuted as an actor with the Indian Punjabi film ‘Lakh Pardesi Hoiye’ (2008). In 2012, he appeared in the film ‘Pata Nahi Rabb Kehdeyan Rangan Ch Raazi’ in which he played the role of Mark. In 2013, he appeared in the film ‘Bha Ji in Problem.’ His performance as Gogi Mastana in the film ‘Mr & Mrs 420 Returns’ (2018) received huge appreciation from the audience.
He has acted in various films including ‘Best of Luck’ (2013), ‘Mr & Mrs 420’ (2014), ‘Tabbar Punjab Da’ (2017), ‘Carry On Jatta 2’ (2018), and ‘Honeymoon’ (2022).
- In 2013, he won PTC Award for Best Dialogue Writer for the film ‘Carry on Jatta.’
- Film directors: Hrishikesh Mukherjee, Neeraj Vora
- Film writers: Rajat Arora, Himanshu Sharma, Baldev Gill
- Naresh Kathooria started his career as a theatre actor. He later started conducting theatre workshops for students.
- He came to Mumbai in 2002 to pursue his dream of becoming a film director but did not get any work. Later, he started working as an assistant for a TV show where he discovered his interest in scriptwriting during that time.
- In an interview, he revealed that after the success of his film ‘Carry on Jatta,’ he got many offers from Bollywood, but, at that time, he preferred to work in the Punjabi film industry.
- In an interview, he talked about his genre of writing, he said,
Unlike other writers, my work doesn’t finish after I’ve written the script. I keep myself involved in the project till it gets released. Making people laugh satisfies me.”