Sten Ekberg is a Swedish-American Chiropractor and former track & field athlete. Ekberg, an Olympian, has won various national and international decathlon and heptathlon championships. He is very active on social media; he frequently engages with people to discuss health-related topics including intermittent fasting, non-toxic food, insulin resistance, and the keto food pyramid.
Sten Ekberg was born on Friday, 25 December 1964 (age 58 years; as of 2022) in Taby, Stockholm, Sweden. His zodiac sign is Capricorn. He completed his primary education in Taby, Stockholm, Sweden. In 1984, he pursued a Bachelor of Business Administration in International Finance at Southern Methodist University – Cox School of Business Dallas, Texas, and in 2007, a Doctor of Chiropractic (DC) at Life University Marietta, Georgia, USA.
Height (approx.): 6′ 2″
Weight (approx.): 90 kg
Sten Ekberg belongs to a Swedish family.
Parents & Siblings
His father’s name is Anders Ekberg. There is not much information about Sten’s mother and siblings.
Wife & Children
There is not much information about his wife and children.
Sten Ekberg started participating in track & field games during his graduation days at Southern Methodist University; he still holds many records in SMU in different events including 100 meters, 400 meters races, Long Jump, and Shot Put. Athletic.net
In 1985, he participated in the National Collegiate Athletic Association Division I championship and won third place in the decathlon (It is a combined event in athletics which consists of 10 track & field events). In 1986, he stood in second place in the decathlon and first place in Team Championship in the NCAA championship.
He won the Sweden National Championship Decathlon 5 times and became the national decathlon champion in 1985, 1987, 1990, 1991, and 1992. He also won the Sweden National Championship Heptathlon 2 times in 1989 and 1993; Heptathlon consists of 7 track & field events. Apart from this, he participated in European Championship 1986. Wellness For Life
After taking retirement from athletics, Ekberg started practising Chiropractic. Chiropractic is a form of treatment which involves manual therapy, especially manipulation of the spine, other joints, and soft tissues.
Ekberg has a clinic, Wellness for Life, in Cumming, Georgia, USA, licensed by the Georgia Board of Chiropractic Examiners, and certified by the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners.
Ekberg deals with a variety of topics such as intermittent fasting, nutrition, and anti-aging mechanism. He often uploads videos on his YouTube channel related to healthy diet and lifestyle.
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- Making A Difference Award 2020
- Doctor of the Year Award 2017 by Georgia Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- At 9th place with 8136 points in Decathlon at Barcelona Olympics 1992
- Sweden National Championship Decathlon champion in 1985, 1987, 1990, 1991, and 1992
- Sweden National Championship Heptathlon champion in 1989 and 1993
- NCAA Division I: Decathlon 2nd place, 1986
- NCAA Division I: Team Championship 1st place, 1986
- NCAA Division I: Decathlon 3rd place, 1985
- Seven Swedish Gold Medals in Track & Field
- Ekberg’s complete name is Sten Anders Ekberg.
- Sten Ekberg is a Nutrition Response Testing Practitioner (Master Level).
- Sten Ekberg has served in the Army.
- Kenneth Riggerberger was his coach who trained him in track & field games.
- Sten Ekberg has a Youtube channel, Dr Sten Ekberg, with 2.98 million subscribers.
- He created various records at Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas, including Pole Vault in 1985 and decathlon score in 1985, which are still held. Wellness for Life