Digangana Suryavanshi is an Indian actress, singer, and author who is known for her work in Telugu, Tamil, and Bollywood films. She has also worked in a few television shows, and she is best known for playing the role of Veera Baldev Singh in Ek Veer ki Ardaas Veera on StarPlus.
Digangana Suryavanshi was born on Wednesday, 15 October 1997 (age 24 years; as of 2021) in Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh. Her zodiac sign is Libra. Digangana studied till matriculation at St. Xavier’s High School Mumbai. Later, she studied at Mithibai College, Mumbai. After completing her graduation, Digangana started pursuing an MBA degree at Narsee Monjee College in Mumbai.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Figure Measurements (approx.): 34-24-34
Parents & Siblings
Digangana’s father’s name is Neeraj Suryavanshi, who is a businessman. Her mother’s name is Sarita Neeraj Suryavanshi, who is a homemaker.
Digangana Suryavanshi is not married yet.
In 2018, Digangana made her Bollywood debut with two films, FryDay as Bindu Ranpal and Jalebi as Anu Mathur. Both the films were released on the same day, 12 October 2018. In the same year, she appeared in the Bollywood film Rangeela Raja alongside Govinda in which she played the role of Shivranjani.
In 2019, she made her debut in Telugu cinema with the film Hippi in which she played the role of Amuktamalyada aka Ammu. In the same year, Digangana made her Tamil debut with the film, Dhanusu Raasi Neyargale as KR Vijaya. In 2020, she appeared in her second Telugu thriller film Valayam. In 2021, she played the role of Akruthi in the Telugu sports drama film Seetimaarr. In 2022, she appeared in the Hindi film The Battle of Bhima Koregaon opposite Arjun Rampal.
In 2002, Digangana made her television debut as a child artist in the show Kya Hadsaa Kya Haqeeqat on Sony TV. Next, she played a supporting role in the show Krishna Arjun. In 2009, she played the character of Rajkumari Gauri in the show Shakuntala.
In 2011, Digangana was seen in the show Ruk Jaana Nahin in which she played the character of Palakshi Tarachand Mathur. In 2012, she appeared in the Zee TV show Qubool Hai in which she played the role of Nuzzhat Ahmed Khan. Digangana played the lead role in the show Ek Veer Ki Ardaas Veera (2012) as Veera Baldev Singh on StarPlus.
Digangana participated as a contestant in the Indian reality television game show Big Boss season 9 (2015) on Colors. Digangana participated in the Indian sports reality show Box Cricket League season 1 (2014) on Sony TV and season 2 (2016) on Colors in which she played for Mumbai Warriors and Mumbai Tigers respectively.
Digangana, at a very young age, lent her voice to devotional songs and uploaded the videos of the same on her YouTube channel, Digangana Suryavanshi. Digangana, at the age of 14, released her first English music video titled “I’m missing you” on YouTube. The song was written, composed, sung, and acted by Digangana, and it was dedicated to her grandmother. Digangana Suryavanshi-YouTube
Digangana, at the age of 15, wrote her first book of English lyrics titled ‘Waves- the Endless Emotions.’ The book consists of 31 lyrics. Next, she wrote her first novel titled “Nixie the Mermaid and The Power of Love.” In an interview, she revealed her love for writing and said,
The books are a mirror to my opinions towards several things – people around me and things happening around me. My books are about my experiences, opinions and perspective. I have always been a curious kid. I have several questions in my head. And my book is an answer to them”. Zee News
In 2019, Digangana was featured in a music video “Chingari Ban Ghoome Re” alongside Atul Anand. In 2021, Digangana was featured in a music video titled “Tu Toh Hai” alongside Terence Lewis. In 2022, she was seen in a music video titled “Darare Dil” starring Mame Khan.
In 2022, Digangana appeared in the music video “Ve Tu” starring Shaheer Sheikh and Surbhi Jyoti.
Digangana Suryavanshi’s tiff with Farnaz Shetty
Reportedly, on the sets of StarPlus’ show Ek Veer Ki Ardaas Veera, Digangana had a feud with her co-star Farnaz Shetty. According to reports, the production team asked Digangana to share her hairstylist with Farnaz, but she refused and started throwing tantrums on the set. Later, the production house and director asked her to behave properly or else they would have to replace her.
Evicted from the show, Qubool Hai
Reportedly, Digangana was terminated from her show Qubool Hai because of her major tiff with co-actor Surbhi Jyoti and Rishabh Sinha. Digangana played the character of Rishabh’s on-screen sister on the TV show Qubool Hai. She accused Rishabh of abusing her and misbehaving with her on the set. She revealed that he was mild drunk during the shoot and got into an argument with her, where he passed a comment ‘Don’t come near me, I am a f***ing monster.’. Digangana lost her cool and reported the incident to her parents. Her parents called out for cops and created a major scene on the set. TellyChakkarThe producer of the show Gul Khan confirmed the removal of the actress and said,
She was fighting with everyone and her parents were on the sets all the time. I did not want so much negativity on the sets and the last straw was when she got the cops. I decided to replace her. It was not a fallout with Rishabh that caused this. They have behavioural issues. Her parents fight with everyone including dadi (veteran actress Vidya Sinha, who played the role of dadi). So we gave her notice as they ruin the atmosphere for everybody.”
- 2014: Star Parivaar Award for Favourite Beti for the show Ek Veer Ki Ardaas Veera
- 2015: Youth Icon award at Yuva Awards
- 2016: Lions Gold Award for Favourite Versatile Actress
- 2016: Adhi Aabadi Women Achievers Award
- 2019: Dada Saheb Phalke Foundation award for Most Historic Debut Actress in a Lead Role
- 2019: Dada Saheb Phalke International Film Festival award for Best Emerging Talent
- 2020: Most Popular Face of the Year 2020 award at the Passion Vista Glamour & Style Awards
Digangana Suryavanshi owns an SUV, MG Hector.
- Food: Pizza, Pasta, and Hot Chocolate Cakes
- Actor: Ranbir Kapoor
- Actress: Madhubala
- Author: J K Rowling
- Singer: Miley Cyrus
- Film Series: Harry Potter
- Instead of 3 years, Digangana took 5 years to complete her graduation. In an interview, she said,
I am happy that I am a graduate now. Though my degree was supposed to have been completed in three years, but due to work commitments and tight shoot schedules followed by the pandemic, it took me five years to get it. The Times of India
- Digangana scored 77% in her HSC 12th board exams.
- Digangana Suryavanshi loves to paint and is often seen sharing her painting pictures on social media.
- When Digangana Suryavanshi was evicted from Big Boss Season 9, one of her fans Aaliya Khan from Bangladesh attempted suicide as she was upset because of the decision. Hindustan Times
- In 2021, Digangana launched her podcast series titled “Love, Be Love, Beloved.” In an interview, she revealed her experience of recording a podcast and said,
Words are perhaps the most beautiful medium to express ourselves. People compliment my voice a lot as I am more of a person who would prefer talking on the phone over texts. So I thought why not channelize my vocal cords through which I can actually help those who are feeling a little low or have given up on love in these testing times. People who don’t have a perspective will feel uplifted.”
- Digangana has created an app, “Digangana Suryavanshi Official app,” through which she connects with her fans in a unique way.
- Digangana Suryavanshi holds India’s World Records for never using glycerin or any artificial product to generate tears while acting.
- Digangana has a great fan following on social media. She has 1.8M followers on Facebook, 1.2M followers on Instagram, and 138.3K followers on Twitter.
- Digangana has been featured on several covers for popular magazines like Downtown Mirror, The Wedding Mantra, She, and many more.