Rohit Bal was born on Monday, 8 May 1961 (age 62 years; as of 2023) in Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir, India. His zodiac sign is Taurus. He attended two schools in Srinagar, Woodlands House School, and Burn Hall School. Later, he attended Delhi Public School in New Delhi. Rohit did his graduation in History at St. Stephens, Delhi University. Following his interest in design, he attended the National Institute of Fashion Technology in Delhi to study fashion.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Colour: Light Brown
Eye Colour: Hazel Green
Rohit Bal belongs to a Kashmiri Pandit family in Jammu and Kashmir in India.
Parents & Siblings
His father was Duffy Bal, who died of a heart attack in 1968, and his mother was Rakka Bal. He has three elder siblings, a brother named Rajeev Bal who works in an export company, and two sisters named Aruna Bal Sharma and Neera Bal.
Rohit is unmarried.
He follows Hinduism.
Rohit Bal started his career as a fashion designer in 1986 with his elder brother Rajeev Bal in a company known as Orchid Oversea Pvt. Ltd. He started his own label in 1990. He creates clothes for both men and women. Bal uses lavish fabrics like velvet and brocade, and his designs are inspired by Indian culture and dignity.
He was offered to work with the ‘Khadi Gram Udyog’ in Panchkula. Rohit mostly uses lotus and peacock motifs in his designs. He has outlets in cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Chennai, and the Middle East and Europe.
After establishing himself as a successful entrepreneur, Rohit started expanding his business in India and abroad. Rohit has made his name by designing costumes for the popular Indian game show Kaun Banega Crorepati.
Rohit Bal has showcased his design work in many fashion shows all across the globe. He has conducted shows in London, Paris, New York, Singapore, Moscow, Jakarta, Colombo, Sao, Paulo, Munich, Geneva, and many cities in India.
- In 2006, Rohit Bal won the ‘Designer of the Year’ at the Indian Fashion Awards.
- He won the ‘Designer of the Year’ at the Kingfisher Fashion Achievement Awards in 2001.
- Rohit was honored as the Lakme Grand Finale Designer in 2012.
- Writer(s): Paulo Coelho, Thomas Hardy
- Sports: Tennis
- Song: ‘House Music’ by Benny Benassi
- Rohit Bal has a collaboration with the international shoe designer Christian Louboutin.
- Rohit Bal has featured on the cover of ‘Face Magazine.’
- His international client list includes Cindy Crawford, Pamela Anderson, and Uma Thurman.
- In 2003, Rohit designed watches for Nebula-Titan watches, which were sold in all the stores of Nebula-Titan stores.
- He is a brand ambassador for Omega watches.
- He has ventured into jewellery design.
- Rohit Bal has collaborated with brands like ‘Biba.’