Mahie Gill (aka Mahi Gill) is an Indian actress and model. She is best known for her role in the 2009-release “Dev.D.” Mahie has appeared in a number of regional language films as well.
Mahie Gill was born on 19 December 1975 (age 47 years; as of 2022) in Chandigarh, India. She is best-known for her portrayal of the role of “Paro” in the film “Dev.D” (2009). Before appearing in movies, she did theatres. Mahie Gill completed her schooling from St. Kabir Public School, Chandigarh. After completing her schooling, Gill did Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Psychology, English, and Sociology from the Government College for Girls, Chandigarh. She went on to pursue her Masters in Theatre from Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- Height (Approx.): 5′ 5″
- Weight (Approx.): 55 kg
- Figure Measurement (Approx.): 34-28-34
- Eye Colour: Brown
- Hair Colour: Black
Mahie Gill was born in a Punjabi Jatt Sikh Family.
Parents & Siblings
Her father was a Deputy Economic Advisor in Punjab Government and her mother is a lecturer. Her father has passed away. She has two brothers, Navnit Gill, and Shivender Gill.
Husband & Children
Mahie Gill got married when she was 18-year-old, however, things did not work out between her and her husband. The duo, eventually, got divorced. She has a daughter named Veronica.
After Mahie completed her graduation, she gave the test for OTA (Officers Training Academy) for a three-month training period to become an army officer and also got selected. However, she left the training as she met with an accident during practice. While pursuing her Masters from Panjab University, she did a number of plays.
Mahie Gill started her career with the Punjabi film “Hawayein” in 2003.
She made her Bollywood debut in the year 2009 with Anurag Kashyap‘s “Dev.D.” Not only was she critically acclaimed for her role in the film, but she was also awarded the Filmfare Award. She was offered the role of “Paro” after Anurag saw her dancing at a club.
After her role in “Dev.D” won her critical and commercial acclaim, she went on to repeat her success in “Saheb, Biwi Aur Gangster” in 2011. In the same year, she was also seen in “Not A Love Story.”
Gill also acted in “Paan Singh Tomar,” “Toofan,” “Zanjeer,” and “Bullett Raja.” In addition, Mahie Gill has also worked in many regional language films, Punjabi and Telugu.
In February 2022, she joined the Bharatiya Janata Party ahead of the 2002 Punjab assembly election.
- Food: Seafood
- Films: Lamhe, Chupke Chupke ( Old), Chaalbaaz, Mr.India, Andaz Apna Apna and Chandni, Titanic, Bucket List, What happened in Las Vegas
- Musician: R D Burman
- Song: Tera Mera Pyaar Amar (Asli-Naqli-1962)
- Director: Guru Dutt, Woody Allen, Steven Spielberg
- Outfit: Sarees, Tees & Jeans
- Destination: Kerala
Smoking & Drinking Habits
- Her nickname is Rimpy.
- She is a non-vegetarian.
- Contrary to her bold characters in most movies, Mahie is an introvert in real-life and loves to stay at home.
- She is a firm believer in destiny.
- In an interview, Mahie Gill mentioned that she struggled with depression for nearly one-and-a-half year after her best friend cheated on her and took all her money.
- Mahie considers Rekha as her role-model.
- According to Mahie Gill, Sonam Kapoor and Shah Rukh Khan are best-dressed actress and actor, respectively.
- She considers Hrithik Roshan and Tom Cruise as the sexiest actors.
- She is often compared to Tabu in her looks.
- Mahie Gill does yoga and cardio regularly.
- Her idea of destressing includes spending an evening with friends.
- She is a devotee of Lord Ganpati.