Pankaj Dheer is an Indian actor and film director who mainly works in the Hindi Film and Television Industry. He is best known for playing the role of ‘Karna’ in the Indian epic television series “Mahabharat.”
Pankaj Dheer was born on Friday, 9 November 1956 (age 67 years; as of 2023) in Mumbai. His zodiac sign is Scorpio. His family has its roots in Punjab. He did his schooling from Mumbai’s St. Theresa’s High School and went to MMK College to pursue his graduation. Just like his father, Pankaj also aspired to become a film director since childhood. However, after completing his graduation, he landed a role in the film “Sookha,” from where his acting career began.
Height (approx.): 5’ 11”
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Light Brown
Family & Caste
Parents & Siblings
Pankaj Dheer belongs to a Hindu Family. His father, C. L. Dheer, is an Indian film director. Not much is known about his mother. His brother Satluj Dheer is a film producer.
Wife & Children
Pankaj tied the knot with Anita Dheer on 19 October 1976. The couple has a son Nikitin Dheer, who is an actor. Nikitin is married to the television actress, Kratika Sengar. They also have a daughter named Nitika Shah.
Pankaj Dheer started his acting career in 1983 with the film “Sookha.” Next, he played a small role in the film “Mera Suhaag.” In 1988, pankaj made his television debut by playing the role of ‘Karna’ in the epic TV series “Mahabharat.”
Subsequently, he appeared in films like “Saugandh,” “Sanam Bewafa,” “Sadak,” “Baadshah,” “Mr. Bond,” “Ikke Pe Ikka,” and “Ashaant.”
He has also appeared in many TV serials including “Kanoon,” “Chandrakanta,” “Harischandra,” “Yug,” and “Sasural Simar Ka.”
In 2014, he made his directorial debut with the film “My Father Godfather.” Dheer has worked in more than 40 films and TV serials (as in 2020).
- Food: Rajma-Rice
- Colour: Green
- Travel Destination: New York
- His hobbies include horse riding and travelling.
- In addition to acting, he is also a trained writer and director. He has assisted many famous directors.
- Reportedly, Pankaj once hit the chief assistant director of his first film as an assistant director. He shared in an interview that the chief assistant director of his first film used to bully him. He used to get a massage done from Pankaj during the lunch time and also made him wait on the sets of the film till 11 in the night so that Pankaj could drop him home after he got drunk. One day Dheer found the assistant director sitting alone in the room. While taking advantage of the situation, Pankaj put a quilt on his head and kept beating him until he was satisfied.
- Dheer owns a shooting studio “Visage Studioz.”
- In 2010, he established an academy ‘Abbhinnay Acting Academy’ for the budding actors. He opened the academy in partnership with his Mahabharat co-star, Gufi Paintal.