Jhanvi Kapoor is an Indian actress and model. She is the daughter of the legendary actress, Sridevi, and film producer, Boney Kapoor. Let’s check out more about Jhanvi Kapoor, her personal life, relationship with her grandparents, career, and other interesting facts.
Biography/Wiki & Career
Jhanvi Kapoor (Janhvi Kapoor) was born on 7 March 1997 (21 years old; age as in 2018) in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. Despite being an established actress herself, Sridevi never wanted Jhanvi to enter the glamour world. Sridevi wanted her to complete her studies, get married and settle down. However, Jhanvi’s fascination with acting convinced her mother to support Jhanvi in her decision to enter the Bollywood. She came into the limelight after she appeared on the silver screen with the movie ‘Dhadak’ opposite Ishaan Khatter in 2018. Dhadak was the Hindi remake of the critically acclaimed Marathi film ‘Sairat.’
Jhanvi did her schooling from Dhirubhai Ambani International School, Mumbai. After completing her schooling, she went to Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute, Los Angeles, USA to study acting.
Jhanvi Kapoor stands tall at 5′ 4″ & weighs approx. 50 kg. She has dark brown eyes and black hair.
She visits the gym regularly.
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
Jhanvi Kapoor was born and brought up in a Hindu Punjabi Khatri family in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
She has a sister Khushi Kapoor.
According to sources, she was committed and was dating Shikhar Pahariya; who is the maternal grandchild of famous politician Sushil Kumar Shinde and son of Mumbai-based businessman Sanjay Pahariya.
Jhanvi was also linked to Akshat Rajan who also happens to be her childhood friend.
Jhanvi Kapoor was also rumored to be dating ‘Dhadak’ co-star Ishaan Khatter.
In August 2016, her personal pictures with her boyfriend Shikhar Pahariya were leaked on the social media in which they both were kissing. The photos were taken during a late-night party in a nightclub.
- Jhanvi likes to eat Mutton, Rajasthani Cuisines, and Italian Dishes.
- Her list of favourite actors and actresses include Dilip Kumar, Salman Khan, Shahid Kapoor, Madhubala, Waheeda Rahman, Nutan, and Kareena Kapoor Khan.
- Jhanvi Kapoor likes to watch ‘Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge‘ and ‘Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam.’
- Her favourite fashion designer is Manish Malhotra.
- Jhanvi and Aryan Khan (Shahrukh Khan‘s son) attended the same acting institute The Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute, California. Notably, Ranbir Kapoor had also undergone training from the same institute.
- In 2015, she declined the offer of a role opposite Mahesh Babu for her debut because of a large age gap.
- Jhanvi Kapoor drinks alcohol.
- Her mother named her ‘Jhanvi’ after the name of the character of Urmila Matondkar in the film ‘Judaai.’ Apparently, Sridevi was pregnant with Jhanvi during the shooting of the film and had a great bond with Urmila Matondkar.
- Jhanvi Kapoor is quite fond of getting herself photographed.
- While she was shotting for her debut movie, ‘Dhadak,’ she enjoyed eating Rajasthani cuisines.
- Karan Johar wanted to launch her with ‘Student of The Year 2.’ However, the film got postponed and she was launched with ‘Dhadak’ instead.
- Jhanvi was the first choice for Ranveer Singh‘s ‘Simmba,’ but the actress declined the offer. She was apprehensive of working with a big star.
- She had to shoot around a pond, which had snakes, for the song ‘Pehli Barr’ of her debut film ‘Dhadak.’ The debut actors got to know about the snakes only after they had shot the scenes and were totally oblivious to it throughout.
- Jhanvi had a hard time speaking Hindi till she debuted on the silver screen. She was seen speaking Hindi and Rajasthani quite well in the movie.
- On 24 February 2018, on the death anniversary of Sridevi, Jhanvi shared a note of her mother on her Instagram account which reads “I love you my labbu.” Later, she got a tattoo of her mother’s handwritten note inked on her forearm.