Mishti Chakraborty is an Indian actress who is known for her work mainly in South Indian films. She is also known for her work in some Hindi films. Mishti has appeared in the films like ‘Kaanchi: The Unbreakable’ (2014), ‘Chinnadana Nee Kosam’ (2014), ‘Adam Joan’ (2017), and ‘Brihaspathi’ (2018). She was also the face behind the popular Vicco Turmeric Ayurvedic skin cream commercial.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Weight (approx.): 50 kg
Hair Colour: Natural brown
Eye Colour: Light gray
Figure Measurements (approx.): 32-26-28
Parents & Siblings
Mishti Chakraborty made her Bollywood debut with the film ‘Kaanchi: The Unbreakable’ (2014) directed by famous Bollywood director Subhash Ghai, starring renowned actors like Kartik Aaryan, Rishi Kapoor, and Mithun Chakraborty. Mishti played the lead role in the film.
Mishti Chakraborty was also in the limelight for her superhit Telugu debut movie, ‘Chinnadana Nee Kosam’ (2014), directed by A. Karunakaran and featuring Nithin Kumar Reddy.
Mishti made her Malayalam debut with the film ‘Adam Joan’ (2017) directed by Jinu V. Abraham, starring Prithviraj Sukumaran. This movie was a major success in the Malayalam film industry and gave a lot of recognition to Mishti Chakraborty.
Mishti was cast in the Bollywood film ‘Great Grand Masti’ (2016), the third release of the ‘Masti’ movie series, directed by Indra Kumar. She played the role of Rekha in the film. The film was a major box office hit and made very high figures in the worldwide collection.
Mishti Chakraborty was also featured in the famous Bollywood release ‘Begum Jaan’ (2017) in which she played the role of Shabnam. The film featured famous actors like Vidya Balan and Naseeruddin Shah and was directed by the award-winning director Srijit Mukherji. The film didn’t perform well at the box office.
Mishti Chakraborty appeared in ‘Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi’ (2019) directed by Krish Jagarlamudi and Kangana Ranaut. Mishti played the role of Kashibai in the film.
She is known for appearing in the TV commercial for Vicco Turmeric Ayurvedic skin cream.
Verbal Spat Over Manikarnika
After the release of ‘Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi’ in 2019, Kangana Ranaut and Mishti Chakraborty got into a heated war of words over Mishti’s role in the movie. Mishti claimed that her role in the movie was shortened by Kangana, who was also the director and the lead actor in the movie. After these allegations, Kangana Ranaut was quoted saying,
If someone hasn’t acted well, is it my fault?”
- Mishti’s name is also spelt as ‘Mishhti Chakravarty’.
- Subhash Ghai, the director of Mishti’s debut Bollywood movie, often renames his heroines, a name starting with the letter ‘M’ as it represents a mother. Therefore, Subhash Ghai renamed her from ‘Indrani Chakraborty’ to ‘Mishti Chakraborty.’
- Mishti loves painting and often shares her artwork on social media.
- Mishti pursued modelling as her hobby during her college days, and that was the first time she faced the camera.
- Mishti loves spending time with animals when she is at home and free from her movie shooting schedule.
- Mishti’s first designer wear was a dress designed by Neeta Lulla, a renowned fashion designer and stylist.
- Before her debut movie, she acted in a documentary made on Rabindranath Tagore, but it was never released.
- Mishti gave tuition to children when she was studying in school.
- While shooting for her debut movie, Mishti had to cycle in the mountains for a scene where she fell. She still has scars on her knees.
- Mishti was jobless for 2 years when the COVID-19 pandemic happened, which affected her financial situation while living in an expensive city like Mumbai.
- Mishti studied Hindi and all four southern languages (Telugu, Kannada, Tamil, and Malayalam) while growing up.
- After appearing in the TV commercial for Vicco Turmeric, Mishti became popular as the ‘Vicco girl,’ She was also the brand ambassador for Vicco Turmeric.