Grayson Dolan is an American comedian, YouTuber, and entrepreneur, and the part of ‘The Dolan Twins’ duo.
Grayson Dolan was born on Thursday, December 16, 1999 (age 21 years; as in 2020), in the Long Valley region of Washington Township, Morris County, New Jersey. His zodiac sign Saggitarius.
He did his schooling from a New Jersey School, where his father worked as a principal.
Eye Color: Light Brown
Hair Color: Brown
Family, Ethnicity & Relationships
Parents & Siblings
His father’s name is Sean Dolan (died from cancer on January 19, 2019) who was a New Jersey school superintendent and principal.
His mother’s name is Lisa Dolan who is the owner of a hair salon. He has a twin brother named Ethan Dolan, and a sister named Cameron Dolan.
In 2014, he confirmed that he was in a relationship with Sofia Olivera, a Vine star. The couple broke up later.
He was said to be in a relationship with the YouTuber and Makeup Artist James Charles. Clearing the air in a YouTube video, Ethan said,
Alright, we don’t need to make that rumor any bigger. Should we just say that Grayson and James are obviously not f*cking dating? Should we just say it?”
He has also been linked with Madison Beer (Singer-songwriter), Chloe Alison (Vine star), and Olivia O’Brien (Singer-songwriter).
In 2013, Grayson and his brother, Ethan, became famous on a video sharing application called Vine. They have over 6.4 million followers on Vine. In March 2014, Grayson and his brother, Ethan, started their YouTube channel by the name ‘Dolan Twins.’ The first video they uploaded was ‘The Blender Challenge’ in June 2015.
In 2015, after they signed with William Morris Endeavor agency, they moved to Los Angeles. On March 27, 2018, Grayson and Ethan, announced their hiatus from YouTube through a video on their channel, which was titled ‘Bye For Now.’ In the video, they talked about how their work has changed with time and they wanted to explore themselves creatively. On May 1, 2018, they announced their return. In June 2018, the twins, James Charles (YouTuber), and Emma Chamberlain (YouTuber) formed a group called ‘The Sister Squad’ on YouTube. The squad uploaded videos of themselves on their channels and were featured prominently in YouTube Rewind 2018.
On October 8, 2019, they uploaded a sixty-minute video titled ‘It’s Time To Move On…’ in which they (Grayson and Dolan) explained the stress of their father’s death. In the video, they also announced that they plan to change the content of their channel and have more flexible schedules.
In 2017, MTV’s Total Request Live (a television show) reboot listed the Dolan Twins (Ethan and Grayson) as its correspondents to provide with on-air hosting duties.
In August 2018, they directed a music video of ‘Hawaiian Party,’ a song by the Australian alt-pop group Cub Sport.
In January 2020, Grayson and Ethan launched their fragrance company ‘Wakeheart.’
The first product that they launched was the signature fragrances of both the brothers. The other product sold at Wakeheart is scented candles.
In February 2020, the Dolan Twins started a weekly podcast called ‘Deeper with the Dolan Twins,’ which was produced by Cadence13.
They also have an online store by the name ‘Dolan Twins,’ which sells merch including apparel (such as hoodies, t-shirt, joggers, and socks), accessories (such as iPhone screen protectors, posters, pillows, and neon lights), and gift cards.
Awards & Achievements (as Dolan Twins)
Teen Choice Awards in 2016
- Choice Web Star: Male
- Choice YouTuber
Teen Choice Awards in 2017
- Choice Comedian
Teen Choice Awards in 2018
- Choice Web Star: Male
- Choice Comedian
- In 2018, many of their (Grayson and Ethan) fans who are people of color shared times when they received racist remarks from other people in the fandom and requested Dolan Twins to address the issue. After the news reached them, Ethan tweeted that they were all the same. The response of Ethan disappointed their fans and they called out to them (Dolan twins) as they (fans) believed that he was not addressing the issue directly but avoiding it. After the backlash, Ethan tweeted that they do not tolerate racism and that he was not avoiding the issue. He further stated that whoever was discriminating against the people on the bases of color, ethnicity, or race, should unfollow him. Teen Vogue
- In 2020, some fans of Dolan Twins trended ‘#DolanTwinsAreOverParty’ after an old clip of them surfaced online in which they seemingly used homophobic language. In an old YouTube video, Grayson and Ethan were discussing the bullying that they faced during their high school. Grayson recollected things that people had posted about him online, which also included homophobic slurs. People took a short clip of Grayson saying homophobic slurs (from the video) and spread it around online, due to which, Grayson faced a huge backlash. J-14
- Tree: Palm trees
- Band: Cub Sport
- Rap Artist: Lil Wayne
- Dessert: Froyo
Cars & Bike Collection
- Ford Bronco
- Ducati Scrambler
- Ethan and Grayson might be twins, but Grayson is 20 minutes younger than Ethan.
- Grayson likes skateboarding, wrestling, bowling, and surfing. However, he likes wrestling more but left it when he moved to Los Angeles. Grayson even won a tournament that took place at Madison Square Garden.
- In February 2020, Ethan and Grayson announced that they have established a charity called ‘Love From Sean’ to support research, treatments, and services for families and patients affected by cancer. As of 2020, the charity has raised more than $368,000.
- In 2020, Ethan and Grayson released a 90-minute documentary about their father titled “Losing a Best Friend” to raise money for the charity ‘Love From Sean.’
- In 2019, Ethan and Grayson traveled to the men’s Paris Fashion Week as brand ambassadors for Louis Vuitton.
- Grayson has many tattoos on his body; he has a wing tattoo (a sign of his guardian angel), ‘Day n Nite’ tattoo, a full-moon tattoo, and mountain scenery on his right leg; he has ‘XXX’ tattooed on his right foot; he has his full left leg covered in tattoos and has the letter ‘T’ on the left foot; he has ‘Famiglia per sempre’ (Family Forever) tattooed on his body; he has ‘Grind’ tattooed on the inner side of his lower lip.
- He is a dog lover and owns a pet dog.