Carolina Miranda is a Mexican actress who is well-known for starring in the Mexican soap operas Las Bravo (2014-2015) and Señora Acero (2016-2019). In 2021, she struck international stardom with the Netflix series “¿Quién mató a Sara?” (Who Killed Sara?) (2021) in which she played the role of Elisa.
Carolina Miranda was born as Carolina Miranda Olvera Carolina Miranda’s Instagram on Sunday, June 24, 1990 (age 31 years; as of 2021), in Guanajuato, Mexico. Her zodiac sign is Cancer. Since childhood, Carolina was inclined towards performing arts and participated in numerous events at school.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Hair Color: Dark Bown
Eye Color: Light Grey
Family & Relationships
Parents & Siblings
Not much is known about her parents.
From 2016 to 2019, Carolina was in a relationship with Michel Duval, a Mexican actor, director, and producer. Ironically, the couple made acquaintance on the sets of the American television series “Señora Acero” in 2016 when Michel played the role of Carolina’s brother. They made their relationship official in December 2016 when they appeared as guests in the television chat show “Don Francisco te invita.”
In an interview, while talking about her plans to get married, she said,
I am hardly getting married. I am passionate about life and art…I do not tolerate people who take their work lightly…I enjoy my solitude and my free time .”
While talking about the onset of her career as an actress, she said,
It never crossed my mind. At the age of 20, I realized that something was missing in my life. At that time I was already an announcer, host, and model, I had even founded my own company at the age of 19 along with my university career, but I did not feel complete.”
Shortly after she enrolled herself in an acting class, she was spotted by a director who invited her for the castings at Azteca, the second-largest mass media company in Mexico. In 2012, she made her debut on Mexican TV with the soap opera “Los Rey” in which she played the role of Delfina Rey Ortuña “Fina.” In 2014, she played the role of Carmen Bravo Diaz in the Mexican telenovela “Las Bravo.”
In December 2016, she came into the limelight with the American telenovela “Señora Acero” (Season-3) in which she played the protagonist Vicenta Acero, a respected and feared coyote who smuggled immigrants across the U.S.–Mexico border. In 2017, the fourth season of “Señora Acero” became the most-watched Spanish program in its time slot.
She made her digital debut in 2019 when she played the protagonist Clara Díaz in the Mexican comedy show “Claramente.” The storyline of the show revolves around Clara, a journalist with an extraordinary ability to read the minds of men.
In 2021, she gained international recognition with Netflix’s Mexican thriller series “¿Quién mató a Sara?” (Who Killed Sara?) in which she played the role of Elisa, the youngest of the Lazcano siblings who upon returning from her studies discovers that her family is accused of murder.
- In 2017, she won PRODU Award in the category of Newcomer Actress- Series, Superseries, or Telenovela of the Year for the television series “Señora Acero” (2016).
- In November 2018, she received Premio Arlequín (Arlequin Award Mexico) for Character Creation and Development.
- In December 2019, she received Micrófono de Oro (Golden Microphone) in the category of Best Actress.
- Singer: Norah Jones
- Actress: Meryl Streep, María Félix
- Clothing Brand: Pandora México
- Carolina Miranda occasionally enjoys alcoholic beverages.
- Carolina Miranda is an avid dog lover. In 2017, she posted a picture of herself kissing a dog with a caption that read,
Aún sueño con ser millonaria y tener un refugio para miles de ellos!!!”
The line translates to “I still dream of being a millionaire and having a refuge for thousands of them !!!”
- In an interview, she revealed that she loves to paint, see new places, and watch theater and movies in her leisure time. She also revealed that she is a passionate writer who compiled a book of 27 poems at the age of sixteen. She said,
But if I am passionate about something outside of all this, it is writing. I like to sit in a place alone, away from everything, observe and create poetry. I have a book called 27 poems that I wrote when I was 16 years old and it is my greatest treasure .”
- Carolina is a hyperactive person whose Instagram account features various pictures of her hiking, kayaking, contemplating a sunset, and enjoying nature and the outdoors. In May 2017, she posted a picture of herself hanging from a rope amid a beach with a caption that translates to,
The world is and will be better when you’re upside down.”
- She wears and promotes only Mexican brands while attending public events. In an interview, she said,
I love supporting the talent of my country. At this moment I really want it to be seen that everything I wear is made by Mexican hands.”
- She is a fitness enthusiast who uploads various pictures of herself performing yoga on her Instagram account.