Ryan Ashley Malarkey is an American tattoo artist, who is best known for winning season 8 of an American reality competition show Ink Master in 2016. She has also appeared on several other seasons of the show.
Ryan Ashley Malarkey aka Ryan Ashley DiCristina Instagram – Ryan Ashley (Malarkey) DiCristina and Ryan Ashley was born on Wednesday, 29 April 1987 (age 36; as of 2023) in Dallas, Pennsylvania. Her zodiac sign is Taurus. As a child, she had a lot of interest in drawing and sketching.
She completed her graduation from the Fashion Institute of Technology, in New York, in 2007.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Weight (approx.): 50 kg
Hair Colour: Blonde
Eye Colour: Blue
Figure Measurements (approx.): 36-26-36
Most of her body parts are covered with several tattoos like roses, snakes, birds, clocks, butterflies, ornaments, beads, portraits, and many more.
Parents & Siblings
Ryan has a twin sister, Autumn Husdon, who is a tattoo artist.
Ryan has another younger sister Lauren Malarkey.
Husband & Children
She is married to the tattoo artist Arlo DiCristina, who is also a tattoo artist. The couple got married in October 2019. They have a son, Atheus Omni DiCristina, who was born on 16 May 2020.
Before getting married to DiCristina in 2019, she was engaged to Josh Balz. The duo have dated each other for almost five years before things changed between them when Ryan Ashley won season 8 of Ink Master. According to the sources, Josh Balz was not happy with the way Ryan was getting back-to-back offers to appear on the reality shows. Though he said that he was not jealous or insure, he was not comfortable with the fact that Ryan was getting more popular. The couple mutually called off the engagement but are still in connection as friends. Alternative Press
Fashion Designing and Tattooing
Before stepping into the world of tattoos, she had a lot of interest in drawing and sketching. She developed this interest from her mother, who is an artist and taught her how to draw. This art further led to sewing and designing clothes and ultimately led her to the tattoos work. After completing her graduation in 2007, she started practising fashion design for five years in New York for a private label. After that, she returned to Pennsylvania and started pursuing tattooing. She is best known for black and grey designs with beads work, lace detailing, and ornamental jewellery design.
Apart from her tattooing career, she owns two oddities and antique shops in Pennsylvania.
She appeared on season 8 of the American reality show Ink Master and became the first woman to win the title in 2016. She had only five years of experience in tattooing when he emerged as the winner of the show.
She then reappeared in the following years to host the spin-off shows Angels, Grudge Match, and the main series. In 2022, she appeared as the judge of season 14 of the reality show Ink Master.
- Critic’s Choice Award in Graduation
- Destination: Mexico
- Ryan loves travelling and is often seen visiting different exotic places with her family on various occasions.
- In November 2021, she appeared on the cover page of the magazine Skin & Ink. Not only this but she also appeared on the cover page of the magazine Inked Magazine in February 2020. The other magazines in which she appeared are Tattoo Society, Tattoo Life, Dark Pinup, Tattoo Expo, and many more.
- She is often invited to various news channels to ink live tattoos on various celebrities. In May 2021, she drew a tattoo on the forearm of the American actress Drew Barrymore. Instagram – Ryan Ashley (Malarkey) DiCristina
- She is a dog lover and is often seen posting pictures with dogs.
- She is often seen drinking alcoholic beverages on various occasions. Instagram – Ryan Ashley (Malarkey) DiCristina
- Ryan is often seen getting different types of nail art done on her nails on various occasions. Instagram – Ryan Ashley (Malarkey) DiCristina
- Ryan Ashley is an avid smoker and is often seen smoking on various occasions. Instagram – Ryan Ashley (Malarkey) DiCristina
- In her leisure time, she loves cooking, going out shopping, and collecting unusual antique items.
- In 2016, she became the first female tattoo artist to win the title of the 8th season of “Ink Master.” MIC
- In 2013, Ryan and Josh Balz opened a shop, The Strange and Unusual Oddities Parlor, in Pennsylvania. The front portion of the shop includes the antique items for sale while the backside includes the tattoo studio of Ryan Ashley. Alternative Press
- She has a wide range of clients including rock musicians like Ash Costello and Maria Brink.
- As per the sources, she announced her relationship and pregnancy with DiCristina on the cover page of the Inked magazine.