Abigail Shapiro is an American YouTuber, social media influencer, blogger, and opera singer. She is popular for being a self-proclaimed conservative influencer who encourages conventional norms of femininity. On her YouTube channel ‘Classically Abby,’ she talks about topics like how to dress fashionably and conservatively, how to balance work and family, and being an orthodox Jew.
Abigail Shapiro was born on Sunday, November 08, 1992 (age 28 years; as of 2020), and she hails from New York, America. Being born to a pianist father, Abigail got inclined towards music at the age of sixteen, when her father enrolled her in the opera lessons as a Hanukkah present. At the age of fifteen, she appeared in the film A Light for Greytowers (2007) as Miriam Aronowitch. She graduated from the University of Southern California, and later, she pursued a three-year course in classical singing and opera at the Manhattan School of Music, New York. Youtube
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Light Brown
Family & Ethinicity
Parents & Siblings
Abigail Shapiro’s father, David Shapiro, is a composer and a pianist. Her brother, Ben Shapiro, is best known as the editor of The Daily Wire, an American conservative news and opinion website. He also hosts the podcast ‘The Ben Shapiro Show,’ and is the former editor of Breitbart News. She has two sisters.
Relationships, Husband & Children
On Monday, May 28, 2018, after dating for a year, Abigail Shapiro got married to Jacob Roth who serves as the staff attorney at Young America’s Foundation’s national headquarters in Reston, Virginia.
In 2007, Abigail Shapiro starred in a film ‘A Light for Greytowers’ in which she played the role of Miriam Aronowitch, a young Jewish orphanage in the Victorian-era who must hold onto Judaism, and fight her cruel matron who is determined to erase all memories of Jewish life from the minds of the orphans in her care.
Thereafter, in 2012, she appeared in the television series ‘Glee’ in which she played the role of one of the golden globe singers. After completing her course at the Manhattan School of Music, Abigail began her career as an opera singer. In 2014, Abigail Shapiro’s father, David Shapiro, uploaded two videos of her performing opera arias ‘Hello! Oh, Margaret, It’s You’ and ‘Adieux de l’hôtesse arabe’ on his YouTube channel.
In January 2019, she established her Youtube channel ‘Classically Abby,’ and in February 2019, she uploaded her first video titled ‘Classic Winter Look- Winged Eyeliner and Dark Lips – Makeup for a Polar Vortex’
Thereafter, she uploaded various videos such as 10 Beauty Products Every Women Needs, 5 Ways To Be More Classic, and 10 Things You Should Know Before Becoming a Wife. In October 2019, she played the role of ‘Kate Pinkerton’ in the opera ‘Madama Butterfly’ which was staged at The Orpheum Theatre, Los Angeles.
In March 2020, she came into the limelight with the YouTube video ‘Conservative Women, It’s Our Time’ with a tagline that read “Let’s take the culture back.” In the video, Abigail talks about the importance of conservative women in society and how they have been silenced by liberals over the years.
Later, she received immense criticism from various YouTubers who were of the opinion that Abigail was internalizing misogyny, being orthodox, and discouraging feminism.
- In October 2017, Abigail attracted immense criticism, and she became a target of antisemitism, i.e. hostility and prejudice against Jews. Apparently, her brother, Ben Shapiro, a political commentator who believes that homosexuality is a mental disorder Patriot Post, same-sex couples should not be allowed to raise children, normalizes civilian casualties, and also went on to declare that “One American soldier is worth far more than an Afghan civilian,” Townhall has attracted immense criticism for his conservative opinions. As soon as Ben’s haters discovered he has a sister, Abigail Shapiro, her YouTube channel flooded with hateful comments and rape threats such as, “I wanna Rape her, cut off her head, and send it to Ben” and “Ben Shapiro Now Using His Sister’s Khazar Milkers to Bring All the Goys to the Yard.” Forward Earlier, to silence the haters, Abigail suspended the commenting privileges on her YouTube channel, but later, she decided to go public and said,
Now that they know who I am, I’m going to be living with these kinds of things forever — people sending me gross stuff…My name is going to be linked with Ben’s — at this point or down the line.”
- Food: Israeli salad
- Music Genre: Classical and Jazz
- Opera: Pagliacci
- Film: The Court Jester (1995)
- Abigail Shapiro enjoys alcoholic beverages.
- Born into a family with a musical background, Abigail, as well as her siblings, share the love of music. Abigail is an opera singer, her brother plays the violin, her one sister plays Coachella, and her other sister plays the piano.
- She refers to her followers as ‘classic crew.’