Santoshi Shetty is an Indian fashion blogger and social media influencer. She is famous for her fashion and lifestyle blog site ‘The Styledge.’
Santoshi Shetty was born on Friday, 17 December 1993 (age 27 years; as of 2020) in Mumbai. Her zodiac sign is Sagittarius. She did her schooling at St Xavier’s High School in 2009. She then studied at S. M. Shetty High School, Powai, Mumbai. Later, she pursued her graduation in architecture at IES College of Architecture (Indian Education Society) Bandra, Mumbai, and her thesis topic in her graduation was ‘A Fashion Technology Park.’ Facebook The Style Edge
The Style Edge Height: 5′ 6″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family & Caste
Parents & Siblings
Her father is a hotelier and has a chain of restaurants named Gopalas. Her mother’s name is Sharanya Shetty, and her sister’s name is Sanskruti Shetty. Her brother, Siddharth Shetty, works at The NoMad Hotel in New York.
Reportedly, she was in a relationship with the Indian fashion blogger Usaamah Siddique.
In 2013 and 2014, she was approached by various renowned brands for social media collaborations. While she was pursuing her graduation, she started a YouTube channel with the aid of a production company. In an interview, she said,
4th year was relaxing for me, but the 5th year had some complications with finishing my thesis, internship, etc. So every week I used to shoot all my content in a day and then my job as easy as it was just about putting it up which I could do from anywhere and was quite quick! I’m someone who is a total procrastinator and I work only when I know it would be a task to pull off the job if I let it go beyond this. That’s how I challenge myself and that’s also when I give my best. It helps in putting the right kind of pressure on me and I deliver far better that way, always making sure I complete the task at hand.”
Later, she started a blog site ‘The Styledge’ which got immense popularity. She has posted blogs related to fashion and lifestyle on her channel.
In 2020, she received a huge backlash from the netizens for uploading a video in which she said that she would be starting mental health therapy sessions for Rs 1,500 each. Soon, she deleted the video and apologized, she said,
For not clarifying that it was never meant as a substitute for Mental Health therapy sessions. It sends a message I didn’t intend to send.” India Today
Awards & Honours
- Cosmopolitan Blogger of the year (2016)
- Elle Blogger of the year (2016)
- Palladium Spotlight Fashion Blogger of the year (2017)
- Architect: Charles Correa
- Travelling Destination: Los Angeles
- Mascara: They’re Real by Benefit
- TV Serial: Friends (1994)
- Colour: Black
- Singer: Zayn Malik
- Style Icons: Gigi Hadid and Kim Kardashian
- Santoshi has walked the ramp in various fashion shows including IBFW 2015.
- She was featured on the digital cover of fashion magazine Grazia India in April’ 17 edition.
- She is an avid animal lover and has a pet dog named Missy.
- She is often spotted drinking alcohol in parties.
- Santoshi follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- She practices Zumba dance form and swimming to maintain her fitness.
- She has got many tattoos inked on her body. Her first tattoo is ‘Gopalas’ on her dermal neck, second is a ‘free spirit tattoo’ on her side rib, third is a tattoo of ‘positive’ on her left inner elbow, fourth is a tattoo of ‘wave’ inked on her left elbow, and fifth is ‘<3’ inked on her right inner wrist.
- In one of her YouTube videos, she talked about being criticized for her dark skin tone.
References [ + ]