Christian Richard is a retired software engineer, entrepreneur, and investor. He is the husband of Christine Quinn, an American fashion designer, realtor, and actress.
Christian Richard was born as ‘Christian Dumontet’ in 1979 (age 41 years; as of 2020) in Middletown Township, New Jersey. Christian attended The Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth. In an interview, Christine Quinn revealed that Christian attended the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in Boston and is specialized in the engineering of all types including software platforms. In fact, he graduated with a major in Computer science from The College of New Jersey. Vanity Fair
Height (approx.): 6′
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Hair Color: Black
Family & Ethnicity
Not much is known about his family, except that he was born in a middle-class household. He is the husband of Christine Quinn. Christian met Christine for the first time in late 2018. They both started dating immediately after that and within a few months of dating, on February 15, 2019, Christian proposed to Christine. They got married on December 15, 2019, at the Cathedral of Saint Vibiana in Los Angeles.
He started his career as a software engineer working in multiple companies and development projects. In 2001, he joined Cisco Systems, Inc., and worked there as a software engineer for almost six and a half years. In March 2007, he co-founded Foodler, an online food ordering service headquartered in Boston, with Edin Arslanagic and John Jannotti.
In 2014, at the age of 35, he retired as an engineer. In 2017, Foodler was sold to its competitor GrubHub, and the deal was projected to add more than $80 million in annualized food sales in 2017. As of 2020, he is working on a new fintech (financial technology) venture with his former team.
In 2019, he bought a property from Hugh Hefner’s (founder of Playboy Magazine) widow, Crystal Hefner, through Christine Quinn for $5 million. The house has four bedrooms, four bathrooms, an infinity pool, and a home theatre, and is situated in Hollywood Hills, Los Angeles. Global Property Management, Inc.
- He likes traveling and believes that international travel fuels the creative thought process. Cambodia, Bora-Bora, and Southern France are his favorite traveling destinations.
- As a CEO & co-founder of Foodler, Christian was named a finalist in the 2014 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of The Year Award.
- After he moved from East Coast to Los Angeles, he went on a date with a girl, who was a friend of Christine. Later, the girl insisted on introducing both Christine and Christian, and they both instantly fell in love. According to Christine,
When we finally went on our first date, we hit it off instantly and fell in love quickly. My girlfriend went on a date with him and she’s like, ‘Hey, I went on a date with this guy who I really don’t like. I know you’re single, you may want to go out with him.”
- Christian didn’t know that Christine was a star until they both started traveling. It was during one of their travels that she was recognized by her fans, and Christian came to know that she was a celebrity.
- Christine Quinn is the main cast member of Selling Sunset, a Netflix reality show based on the lives of women realtors of Oppenheim Group. In season 3 of the show, Christian was introduced as her fiance and their wedding was one of the premises of the show. According to Christine, Christian was very shy about being on TV, she said
After we got back to L.A., we got picked up for another season and I asked him, ‘Do you want to be on it?’ He said, ‘Oh my gosh, this is so not me.’ He’s really, really shy, but decided to do it for me. He’s on the show quite a bit and, bless his heart, he tries, but [filming] is a really awkward thing. It’s not organic in any way. It’s not reality in any way.”