Courtney Henggeler is an American actress who is known for her role as ‘Amanda LaRusso’ in the Netflix television series ‘Cobra Kai’ (2018).
After her birth, her parents moved to Poconos, Pennsylvania, where she lived till she was 14. After her parents separated, Courtney moved with her mother to Seaford, Long Island, to live close to her grandmother. She did her schooling at Seaford High School. She pursued a BFA (Bachelor of Fine Arts) in Theatre at the State University of New York at Fredonia but left it in the middle because she lost interest in it. She then did summer bartending and took acting classes in Fredonia. News Day After a year or two, she moved to Los Angeles. After her marriage, she moved to New York with her husband, and she lives in a rented house in Huntington, N.Y.
Eye Color: Green
Hair Color: Brown
Family & Ethnicity
Parents & Siblings
When she was fourteen years old, her parents got separated. She has a sister named Deidre Henggeler.
Husband & Children
In October 2015, she got married to Ross Kohn, a Jewish movie producer who was raised in Westchester.
The couple has two children; a son named Oscar Noah Kohn (born on January 25, 2017); a daughter named Georgie Healy Kohn (born on March 1, 2019).
Right after she moved to Los Angeles, she began her career as a model. She also appeared in advertisements for the brands like McDonald’s, Audi, and Toyota.
She made her film debut with the Horror feature ‘The Bog Creatures’ in 2003 as ‘Susan Beth’ (main).
She appeared in supporting and main roles in the films The Legacy of Walter Frumm (2005), Friends with Benefits (2011), Kristin’s Christmas Past (2013), Fixed (2017), and Nobody’s Fool (2018).
In 2005, she made her television debut with the American series ‘House’ in the role of a server.
She appeared in small roles in television series like The Big Bang Theory (2008, 2013 & 2018), Criminal Minds (2008), NCIS (2009), Working Class (2011), and Back in the Game (2013), before appearing in the recurring role of ‘Claudia’ in CBS series ‘Mom’ (2013-14).
She then appeared in small roles again in series like Franklin & Bash (2014), The Mysteries of Laura (2015), Mary + Jane (2016), and Jane the Virgin (2018), before playing her breakthrough role of ‘Amanda LaRusso’ in the ‘Cobra Kai’ (2018).
In 2011, she did a short film for Royal Caribbean, a cruise line brand, directed by and starring Jenny McCarthy. She made her debut as a writer and producer with the film ‘The Secret Life of a Celebrity Surrogate’ (2020).
- Food: Carne Asada Tacos, Steak Tartare
- Alcoholic Beverage: Wine
- Restaurant: Cactus Taquerias #2 in Los Angeles
- Actress(s): Jenny McCarthy, Bette Davis
- Color: Pink
- Film(s): Gone with the Wind (1939), All About Eve (1950), Poltergeist (1982), The Strangers (2008), Troop Beverly Hills (1989), Zoolander series
- TV Series: Beverly Hills, 90210 (1990)
- Book: ‘Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!’ by Mo Willems
- Musical: Jesus Christ Superstar
- Rapper: Ol’ Dirty Bastard
- Singer: Johnny Mathis
- Travel Destination: Bora Bora
- She likes cooking, traveling, and watching television and films in her spare time.
- When she was four years old, she saw a hula dancer on TV and decided that she wanted to become one. Her mother told her that it wasn’t a profession for her. She tried to figure out another way to be on TV and dance in front of people. Later, she realized that she wasn’t made for dancing and chose to become an actress instead.
- Since childhood, she had an interest in theater. When she was in grade 9, her friend Patti made her audition for her high school’s production of the musical ‘Carousel.’ During the auditions, she pretended to eat an apple while singing about clams, and bagged a role.
- In her high school, she acted in plenty of school productions. She was also a part of a teen theater group that performed in the town of Hempstead. Her school also had a program called ‘Showmobile’ under which they performed at different parks around Hempstead on different children’s shows.
- According to her, she almost quit acting before bagging a role in ‘Cobra Kai.’ In an interview, she said,
My husband told me I couldn’t quit because we got our health insurance through SAG. He was like, ‘Hang in there a little longer until we can figure out our next step in health insurance.'”
She gave her one final shot at acting and went on to audition for Cobra Kai. A week later, she was chosen to star alongside Ralph Macchio and William Zabka in Cobra Kai, playing Ralph’s onscreen wife, Amanda LaRusso. She said,
I definitely made his (Ralph Macchio) name one word for the first two seasons of filming. He was like, ‘You can call me Ralph.’”
- She is an avid animal lover and owns a pet dog named Muppet and two pet cats.