Nell Tiger Free is an English actress who is popular for starring in the television series Game of Thrones (2011) and the web series Too Old to Die Young (2019) and Servant (2019).
Nell Tiger Free was born on Wednesday, October 13, 1999 (age 21 years; as of 2020), in Kingston upon Thames, London. Her zodiac sign is Libra.
She did her schooling at Teddington School in England. At the age of eleven, she was discovered by a talent scout at a Saturday drama class. Thereafter, she secured herself an audition, which led to her being cast in the popular American series ‘Game of Thrones’ (2011).
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Color: Dark Blonde
Eye Color: Moss Green
Nell Tiger Free’s father, Betanelski, is in recruitment, while her mother, Amanda Free, is a Yoga trainer. Her elder sister’s name is Betsy Free.
She made her film debut when she played the role of Anna in the 2012 British coming-of-age drama film ‘Broken.’ Premiered at the Cannes Film Festival 2012, the film is about how a girl’s life changes after witnessing a violent attack committed by her neighbor at a British housing estate.
In 2021, she appeared in the British science fiction thriller film ‘Settlers’ as the elder version of Remmy. The film follows a couple from Earth who manages to survive in an uninhabited homestead on Mars, protecting their nine-year-old daughter, Remmy, from hostile outsiders. In the film, Nell Tiger Free gave inspiring performances as Remmy, who determined to overcome seemingly impossible odds to win her freedom.
She appeared in the film ‘Wonderwell’ (2021) in which she played the role of a princess named Savannah. The coming-of-age fairy tale film is set between modern-day Italy and an imaginary realm. ‘Wonderwell’ follows a naive 12 year-old-girl named Violet, who sets out on a thrilling journey that transforms her world forever.
At the age of fourteen, she made her television debut with BBC’s Christmas-themed film ‘Mr. Stink’ (2012) in which she played the protagonist Chloe Crumb, an unhappy school girl. Fed up by her family’s uncaring attitude towards her, Chloe invites a homeless man to live in her garden shed in the film.
She appeared in the British television detective drama ‘Endeavour’ in the brief role of Bunty Glossop in an episode titled “Nocturne” (2014). From 2015 to 2016, she gained popularity for playing the recurring role of Myrcella Baratheon in the celebrated American fantasy drama ‘Game of Thrones.’ In the series, Myrcella is the naive daughter of Cersei Lannister, who is sent to Dorne to live in the Martell household with her betrothed Trystane Martell.
She made her digital debut in 2019 with the lead role of Janey Carter in the American series ‘Too Old to Die Young.’ The series centres around a grieving police officer named Martin Jones, who leads a double life as a killer in Los Angeles’ deadly underworld. As the story unfolds, an existential crisis forces him to dig deeper into the blood-splattered world of violence. In the crime drama, Janey Carter is an innocent bystander whose genuine love for Martin gets her killed.
In the 2019 American psychological horror series ‘Servant,’ Free played the main role of Leanne Grayson. The series is about a couple who is in mourning after the death of their thirteen-week-old son, Jericho. The couple seeks psychological comfort in a lifelike reborn doll, and therefore, hires a young, mysterious, and creepy nanny named Leanne to look after it.
- During her school days, she was cast in a musical play. However, at the eleventh hour, her name was dropped from the play, and she was humiliated by her teacher for wearing short skirts. In an interview, while talking about the incident, she said,
I used to wear my skirt too short, and you’d get a behavior point every time you were seen with your skirt short. All the girls did it but I was quite a big character in school so I used to get made an example of. I cried when I got kicked out. The teacher who was running the musical said it helps to be an actress, doesn’t it, to turn the waterworks on?”
- She posts various videos on her social media accounts, where she films herself singing covers and playing the guitar.
- Due to an obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), Free faced difficulty in eating cake with her bare hands while shooting an episode of the horror series ‘Servant’ (2019). In an interview, she said,
I have OCD when it comes to food. I have to cut everything up into particular shapes and sizes, and eat it all in a certain order. So I’m a nightmare to take out for dinner.”
- She is extremely fond of wearing accessories and has 7 piercings on her ear. In an interview, she revealed that she takes off her accessories only for work. She said,
I have rings on every finger and 7 piercings in my ear. I sleep in all my jewellery and I only take it off for work.”
- While describing her eating habits in an interview, she said,
To be honest, I’m not really a breakfast person. I don’t really eat too early in the morning, but I am a late-night eater.”
- Surprisingly, Free also loves to eat tomato soup, just like her character Leanne in the series ‘Servant’ (2019). In an interview, she also revealed that hates eating leeks. She said,
I’m a big fan of tomato soup as well. I’m happy to have toast and tomato soup for dinner… I’m just lucky that Leanne’s favourite dish isn’t leeks because I’m terrified of leeks. I hate them. So thank God tomato soup was her signature dish.”
- While describing her favorite breakfast, she said,
Spinach and mushroom on toast with baked beans and hash browns. No matter where I am in the world, I will always try and locate this breakfast.”
- As a music enthusiast, she has formed a band along with her friends, Joe and Dylan. In an interview in January 2021, she revealed that she intended to release an extended play.