Rosanna Pansino is a popular American YouTuber, baker, actor, singer, and author. She is famous for her cooking show ‘Nerdy Nummies’ on YouTube.
Rosanna Pansino was born as ‘Rosanna Reardon’ on Friday, June 8, 1984 (age 36 years; as in 2020), in Seattle, Washington. Her zodiac sign is Gemini.
She attended a Native American elementary school and completed her schooling from West Seattle High School. In her high school, she was a part of varsity gymnastics and varsity soccer. She attended Pacific Lutheran University in Parkland, Washington. After completing her graduation, she moved to Los Angeles, California, to pursue acting.
Height IMDb: 4’ 10”
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Brown (dyed Blonde)
Family, Ethnicity & Relationships
She is of Italian, Croatian, German, and Irish descent.
Her parents have often appeared on her YouTube channel. His father is known as Papa Pizza (died on December 17, 2019, due to Leukemia), and her mother is known as Mamma Mia.
She has a sister named Molly Lu, who also appears regularly on her YouTube channel.
While she was working in the TV series ‘Glee’ (2010), it was rumored that she was dating the actor Josh Sussman.
In 2018, she announced that she was in a relationship with Mike Lamond, a YouTuber, voice actor, and former sports commentator. In 2019, in a Valentine’s Day Special video, she revealed that she had known Mike for nine years, and they have been dating each other for six years.
As an Actress
In 2010, she appeared in ‘Scream Queens,’ a reality TV series in which actresses compete to get a role in Lionsgate horror films. The prize of the season in which she participated was a role in one of the Saw films. She excelled at ninth place in the show.
Following this, she became an actress portraying small roles in the films. She made her debut with the TV series ‘Parks and Recreations’ in 2009 as ‘Holiday Elf.’
She then appeared in the TV series: Warren the Ape (2010), Glee (2010), CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (2010), Husky Tales (2011), The Warp Zone (2012), Broken Quest (2013), Bad Internet (2016), Emo Dad (2016), Escape the Night (2018-19), and Ryan’s Mystery Playdate (2019). She has acted in many short films such as I Owe My Life to Corbin Bleu (2010), Shaky Grounds (2010), and Star Wars: DIY Cosplay (2015). She has also acted in the feature films: Amy Alyson Fans (2011), Bloodsucka Jones (2013), and A Heist with Markiplier (2019).
As a YouTuber
In 2010, she started her YouTube Channel after she was encouraged by a few of her professional friends who were also YouTubers. The first video that she uploaded was of her volunteering for the Duwamish River Clean Up Act in honor of Earth Day in 2011.
The same year, she started her cooking show ‘Nerdy Nummies’ on her channel; the first video that she uploaded was of her baking ‘Super Mario Cake.’
Nerdy Nummies mostly feature baking creations, which resemble characters and objects from video games, television shows, anime, books, and films. Nerdy Nummies was a huge hit and became a popular baking show on YouTube. The show even went on to win four Streamy Awards nominations. At first, when she started her channel, she used to do filming and editing alone. Now, she works with a team of seven, including her parents, who serve as her office managers, and her sister, who helps her film full-time and who has become a presence on the show. The show has featured many YouTube celebrities such as Michelle Phan, Bethany Mota, Lindsey Stirling, Grace Helbig, Rhett and Link from Good Mythical Morning, Smosh, Hannah Hart, Cassey Ho, iJustine, Jordan Maron (CaptainSparklez), Colleen Ballinger, Markiplier, MatPat, Kaelem, Alx James, Random Encounters, Lilly Singh, Phil Lester, Dan Howell, Strawburry17, Joey Graceffa, Shane Dawson, Jimmy Wong, Freddie Wong, ParkerGames, Miss Piggy and Swedish Chef from ‘Muppets Most Wanted,’ Cookie Monster from ‘Sesame Street,’ video game creator Shigeru Miyamoto, astrophysicist Neil DeGrasse Tyson, actress Madison Iseman, and YouTube scientist Grant Thompson. Her YouTube channel has more than 12.4M subscribers.
In 2015, she released her first single ‘Perfect Together,’ which was produced by Kurt Hugo Schneider, an American video editor, singer, songwriter, and musician. The song was initially released on iTunes, and its music video was released later that year.
She published her first book ‘The Nerdy Nummies Cookbook’ in 2015. The book features recipes from her show Nerdy Nummies in addition to a few recipes that were never shown in the show. The book became a New York Times bestseller and has been listed as ’50 Must-Read Books by YouTubers’ on Book Riot Podcast.
In 2018, she published her second cookbook ‘Baking All Year Round.’
In August 2017, Rosanna released a baking line in collaboration with the cooking company called Wilton. Her baking line ranges from cooking tools and products intended for the use of beginners. It was released to many retailers, including Walmart and Michael’s.
She is also a producer and has been producing another series by the name ‘Ro’s Life’ since 2013.
Awards & Achievements
- Voted as ‘Queen of the Web’ in 2012
- Shorty Award for Best Foodie, Chef or Food Lover in Social Media in 2013
- Taste Awards for Kikkoman Breakout Foodies of the Year in 2016
- Taste Award for Foodie of the Year in 2017
- Listed in Forbes Top Influencers – Food 2017
- YouTube – Diamond Creator Award in 2019
- Dessert: Pineapple Pound Cake
- YouTubers: Daily Grace, Felicia Day, Cox n’ Crendor
- Music Instrument: Cello
She owns a house in Manhattan Beach, California. Locale Magazine
Rosanna Pansino’s estimated YouTube earnings (as of 2016) was $6 million. Forbes
- In her spare time, she likes cooking, shooting, archery, and singing.
- According to Rosanna, throughout her childhood, she was known as a ‘nerdy’ and ‘awkward’ kid by her friends and family.
- Many of her family members, friends, and her fans call her ‘Ro’ with love. IMDb
- Her name ‘Rosanna’ means ‘Rose of Grace’ in Italian.
- Her interest in cooking was because of her grandmother who also loved cooking.
- She wanted to pursue acting from an early age. In high school, she used to act in musicals and theatre plays.
- When she first started her YouTube Channel, she invested her life savings on the channel; her savings were around $20,000, which she collected by saving ten percent from every paycheck she ever received. She saved by doing odd jobs such as babysitting and dog walking since the age of twelve. She also worked as a waitress for almost eight years and also worked at Sears and Abercrombie stores.
- She began acting and YouTube almost at the same time. In the early years of her career, her agent asked her to choose between acting and YouTube as it was affecting her acting career. Despite the risks, she decided not to leave YouTube. In an interview, she said,
At this point, I wasn’t making any money on YouTube. I knew that it was possible to do that but I wasn’t making a dime. I decided, I’m going to do this. I’m not going to let YouTube go. My agent’s going to drop me. And he did. That’s when I totally invested 100 percent of my time and my life savings into my channel. I worked on my channel full-time for a year before I started to make money. I just had to live off my savings. I lived in a really small apartment with, like, six people and three bedrooms.”
- In 2013, she participated in “Walk to End Alzheimer’s” benefit for Alzheimer’s Association, a non-profit American volunteer health organization which focuses on care, support, and research for Alzheimer’s disease.
- In 2019, Rosanna was admitted to a local hospital following severe pain and illness. Later, it was revealed that she was suffering from a life-threatening bacterial infection, which was immediately treated.
- In 2019, she appeared as a guest judge on Netflix’s original competitive-baking show ‘Nailed It!.’
- She was once titled as an ‘Educational Goodwill Ambassador” at Tsinghua University, China. While living in China, she taught English as part of a global poverty alleviation effort.
- She has been featured in various magazines such as Locale, Girls’ Life, Forbes, Adweek, Nylon, and Seventeen.
- She is an avid dog lover. She had a dog named ‘Cookie’ who died in March 2020. After Cookie’s death, she adopted two dogs and named them Blueberry and Coconut.
- She also owns an online store where she sells merch of ‘Nerdy Nummies’ and her recipes.
References [ + ]