Thomas Wheeler (also known as Tom Wheeler) is an American author, screenwriter, and producer who is known for his work in the TV series, The Cape (2011), and Cursed (2020); and in the films, Puss in Boots (2011), and The Lego Ninjago Movie (2017).
Tom Wheeler was born and brought up in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States. He studied in an acting school and did a lot of regional theaters.
Height (approx.): 6′ 2″
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Brown
Family & Ethnicity
Parents & Siblings
He is the son of actress Judi Barton.
He is the brother of William Wheeler who is a screenwriter.
Wife & Children
He is married to Christina Wheeler, a former actress. The couple has a son, Luca, and a daughter. He lives with his family in Los Angeles.
As an Author
He wrote his first book in 2003 titled ‘The Arcanum.’
His second book was Cursed (2019), illustrated by Frank Miller.
As a Producer & Screenwriter
He began his television career as a screenwriter and executive producer with ABC’s miniseries ‘Empire’ in 2005.
He then wrote the screenplay and produced the TV series, Surface (2005), The World According to Barnes (2007; TV movie), Captain Cook’s Extraordinary Atlas (2009; TV movie), and The Cape (2011). He made his film debut as a screenwriter with the film ‘Puss in Boots’ (2011).
He has written the screenplay of the films, Puss in Boots: The Three Diablos (video short; 2012), The Lego Ninjago Movie (2017), Dora and the Lost City of Gold (2019), and Mandrake the Magician.
He initially began his career as an actor. After he moved to Los Angeles, he decided to step into additional filmmaking jobs; thus, becoming a writer. He has also given his voice in animated films; Puss in Boots (2011) as ‘Bartender/Mean Boy/Wagon Driver/Hotel Owner/Rodrigo’ and The Lego Ninjago Movie (2017) as ‘additional characters.’ He has also been the executive producer for the short films, Imagination (2002), and Tir Nan Og (2003).
- Comics: Marvel Comics X-Men, Green Arrow by Mike Grell, Captain America by Ed Brubaker, Daredevil by Frank Miller
- Fictional Character: Green Arrow, Daredevil
- Comic Book Writer: Grant Morrison, Frank Miller
- Filmmaker: Guillermo del Toro
- In his spare time, he likes to binge on comics and television shows.
- When he was 22, he decided to become a writer and finished his first screenplay; through that script, he got a manager and agent. The next script he wrote was sold to 20th Century Fox.
- In 2019, his book ‘Cursed’ was listed on the New York Times as Young Adult Hardcover Bestseller.
- In 2020, the Netflix series ‘Cursed’ was created by Frank Miller and Thomas Wheeler, which was based on their book of the same name. The series starred Devon Terrell as ‘King Arthur’ and Katherine Langford as ‘Nimue.’