Sakshi Joshi is a Journalist. She is working as a news anchor and an associate editor at News24.
Sakshi Joshi was born on Monday, 4 September 1978 (age 41 years; as in 2019) in Delhi. Her zodiac sign is Virgo. She did her schooling from Delhi’s Frank Anthony Public School and went to Delhi University to pursue a graduation in Mass Communication.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Husband
Sakshi Joshi belongs to a Hindu Family. She is the daughter of Umesh Joshi, editor of Total TV. Not much is known about her mother. She has a sister, Stuti Joshi.
Sakshi Joshi tied the knot with Vinod Kapri, a senior Indian journalist and filmmaker, in 2009. She has a son, Aaryaman Kapri.
Sakshi Joshi started her career as a Correspondent-cum-Anchor at India TV. She worked there for a while, and subsequently, joined IBN7 as a news anchor. Thereafter, she joined BBC World Service as a show producer. Sakshi, then, joined News24 as an Anchor and Associate Editor.
At News24, Joshi has hosted shows like News24 Manthan, 5 ki Panchayat, and Paksh-Vipaksh.
Sakshi Joshi got into a controversy over her heated argument with a person named Yashwant Singh during a show. Later, she accused Singh of harassing her over the call. Yashwant was taken into the police custody after Joshi’s complaint and was later, granted bail. The incident created a lot of buzz in the media. Post the incident, Sakshi was terminated from IBN7. The channel’s name was also taken several times in the matter.
- Food: Pasta, Noodles, Cheese Chilly, Upma
- Colour: Red
- Actor: Shah Rukh Khan
- Actress: Madhuri Dixit
- Her hobbies include reading books, dancing, and travelling.
- She is an avid animal lover and has a pet dog, Soccer.
- She has inked a butterfly on her left arm and the word “Maa” on her left wrist.
- In 2017, Sakshi filed a case against a person named Sandeep Upadhyay, who made vulgar and inappropriate comments on the anchor’s Facebook post.
- In January 2018, a news reporter, Nidhi Shree, shared an incident on her Facebook account where she was molested by a person in the crowd while she was reporting about the New Year celebration from Shimla. Sakshi, while sharing Nidhi’s post, wrote that she had also faced a similar situation when she was reporting about the filing of nomination of the noted cricketer, Mohammad Azharuddin, from the Moradabad Lok Sabha Constituency in 2009. She also shared that the incident happened when she was taking the interview of Azharuddin and was surrounded by the crowd. Sakshi finished her work and gave a tight slap to the person who did that cheap act.
- In June 2019, Sakshi Joshi and her husband, Vinod Kapri, announced that they would be adopting a baby girl who was found abandoned on a garbage mound in Rajasthan’s Nagaur area. The couple named her Pihu. Unfortunately, the girl couldn’t survive long and breathed her last breath on 8 July 2019.