Romi Bhatia is an Indian businesswoman and the wife of former Indian cricketer and coach, Kapil Dev.
Romi Bhatia was born in 1960 (age 59 years; as in 2019), in Delhi. She did her schooling and graduation from Delhi.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Hair Colour: Salt & Pepper
Her father is a businessman. Her mother is a homemaker.
In 1979, Romi met Kapil Dev in a party through a common friend, Sunil Bhatia. They became friends, and soon, Kapil fell in love with her.
While travelling in a train to Mumbai, Kapil proposed Romi for marriage. He proposed her in a very filmy way. He said,
Dear, would you like to take pictures of this beautiful place? We can show the picture to our children in the future.”
Romi was also attracted towards his simplicity and humble nature. She accepted his proposal, and they got married in 1980.
On 16 January 1994, the couple was blessed with a baby girl, Amiya Dev.
She manages her family’s hotel business, ‘Kapil Hotel’ (now known as Kaptain’s Retreat) in Chandigarh. She also manages many other business ventures owned by her husband.
- In an interview, she revealed that she faced a lot of difficulties in conceiving her child, and after 14 years of her marriage, she got pregnant.
- In a match against West Indies in 1979, Kapil invited Romi to watch the match. In that match, Kapil made his first Test Cricket century.
- In 1995, Romi appeared with Kapil Dev and her daughter in the popular Indian talk show ‘Rendezvous with Simi Garewal.’
- She is often spotted drinking alcohol in parties.
- In 2020, the Indian film director Kabir Khan released a biopic “83” on Kapil Dev‘s life in which Ranveer Singh played the role of Kapil Dev and Deepika Padukone played the role of Romi Bhatia.