Dhivya Suryadevara is an Indian-American Executive who is the Chief financial officer of an American e-commerce payment company, Stripe. She was also the Former Executive Vice President and first female Chief financial officer in General Motors.
Dhivya Suryadevara was born on Saturday, 14 April 1979 (age 42years; as of 2021) in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. Her zodiac sign is Aries. According to Dhivya, her mother always taught her that nothing comes easy and hard work is the only key to success. Dhivya did her schooling at St. John’s Senior Secondary School Mandaveli, Chennai. She pursued her bachelor’s and master’s degree in commerce at the University of Madras. Dhivya completed chartered accountancy from the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. The New Indian ExpressWhile pursuing her studies at Madras University, she worked in Pricewaterhouse coopers for 3 years. In the year 2000, when Dhivya was 22, she went to pursue her MBA from Harvard University of Business school. In 2002, Dhivya did her internship at the World Bank and joined as an associate director in UBS that is a Swiss Investment bank.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Dhivya Suryadevara’s father died when she was very young. Dhivya was raised by her mother. Dhivya grew up in Chennai, South India. After the death of her father, their financial condition was not too good.
Parents & Siblings
Dhivya Suryadevara’s mother is a retired bank employee, who worked in Syndicate Bank in the Mylapore branch. Dhivya has two elder sisters, who live in abroad. Dhivya and her two sisters often visit India to meet their mother.
Husband and Children
Raj Suryadevara is the husband of Dhivya Suryadevara. He is a Senior Portfolio Manager, Stock trader, and is an Asset managerPinterest Dhivya and Raj Suryadevara met at Harvard University for the first time in 2002. They have a daughter. Dhivya’s husband, Raj Suryadevara, along with his daughter lives in Detroit, USA, and Dhivya lives in New York because of her work. She often commutes between Detroit and New York in the holidays. Dhivya spends most of her free time with her daughter and even drops her to school at times. Dhivya always considered her husband to be her supporting system both in her personal life as well as in her professional life.
As an Investment banker
Dhivya Suryadevara, after completing her education and internship of 4 months in the World Bank started her first job in Swiss Investment bank UBS as an associate director in 2003. She served there for 1 year and 1 month. Dhivya Suryadevara-LinkedIn
As a Financial Analyst
After leaving her job at UBS, she joined General Motors treasures office in September 2004, as a Senior financial analyst. She left her job in October 2005. Dhivya Suryadevara-LinkedIn
In General Motor Asset Management
Dhivya Suryadevara in 2006, joined General Motor asset management and worked there for almost eleven years. She started there as an Investment analyst in January 2006, and later, she became the manager in November 2008. She served for almost 4 years in General motors asset management. Dhivya Suryadevara-LinkedIn
In General Motors
In July 2015, Dhivya Suryadevara joined General Motors, which is one of the biggest motor companies in the world. Dhivya served there for 5 years. In 2018, Dhivya was promoted as the Chief financial officer. she continued as the CFO for 2 years. Later, Dhivya became the first female chief financial officer of General Motors. Her contribution to the industry was massive. Dhivya Suryadevara-LinkedIn
As a Chief Financial Officer
In October 2020, Dhivya left her job in General Motors, as she was recruited in Stripe that is an American e-commerce payment company. She was appointed as a Chief financial officer in Stripe, New York.
- Dhivya Suryadevara was listed in the Automotive News Rising star in 2016.
- In 2020, Dhivya was also listed as India’s most powerful woman.
- In 2015 and 2018, Dhivya was named in, Fortune’s 40 under 40, which is an annual list of influential individuals under the age of 40.
- Actor(s): Shah Rukh Khan, Leonardo Di Caprio
- Actress: Priyanka Chopra
- Colour (s): Blue and Black
- Food: Italian food
- Place: London
- According to Dhivya, she enjoys reading finance books during her vacation time.
- Dhivya enjoys spending her free time with her family and friends.
- According to Dhivya Suryadevara, she is not a social media person.
- Dhivya faced a lot of financial issues during her MBA studies.
- Dhivya’s mother always emphasized her the importance of education, which inspired Dhivya to work hard and achieve more.
- According to Dhivya Suryadevara, she gets more than 100 emails a day, due to her busy schedule, she uses her time on the plane to go through the mails.
- To keep herself mentally fit, Dhivya prefers doing exercise, especially boxing.
- As per Dhivya, she always had a desire of working with a large automotive company.
|↑1||The New Indian Express|
|↑3, ↑4, ↑5, ↑6||Dhivya Suryadevara-LinkedIn|