Amit Jain is an Indian entrepreneur who is famous for being the CEO and Co-founder of CarDekho.
Amit Jain was born on Friday, 12 November 1976 (age 46 years; as of 2022) in Jaipur, Rajasthan. His zodiac sign is Scorpio. He attended St. Xavier’s Senior Secondary School, Jaipur. He pursued a bachelor’s degree in technology at the Institute of Technology, Delhi (1995-1999). Amit Jain – Linkedin
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Weight (approx.): 70 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
His father, Prashant Jain, was an RBI officer and gemstone businessman, who died in 2006. His mother, Nilima Jain, is a homemaker. He has a younger brother, Anurag Jain, who is a co-founder and COO of CarDekho.
Wife & Children
Amit is married to Pihu Jain, who works at Girnar Software Pvt Ltd. The couple has twin sons, Aayan Jain and Aahil Jain.
His grandfather, late Dr. Dharam Singh Jain, was a renowned astrologer.
In 1998, after completing his engineering, he started working as a software engineer at Tata Consultancy Services. In 2000, he started working in the software development company Trilogy, where he worked on the website www.YourBillBuddy.com. He worked there for seven years. In 2006, he opened a small office in his home garage and incorporated the software company GirnarSoft along with his brother Anurag. In 2008, after attending the Auto Expo in New Delhi, they decided to start the CarDekho portal, on which they provided users with reliable information and reviews on used and new cars. After their portal CarDekho flourished, they launched various other ventures like InsuranceDekho, BikeDekho, and CollegeDekho. Under his leadership, CarDekho underwent many key acquisitions including Gaadi in 2014, ZigWheels in 2015, PowerDrift in 2018, and Carmudi Phillipines in 2019. In 2022, he appeared as a judge on the television show ‘Shark Tank 2.’
In 2022, their company started a new company, which gave out loans to people who wanted to buy old cars. In an interview, Amit talked about this venture and said,
For new cars, there are so many agencies for loans. But that was not the case for used cars. That gave us the idea of creating a platform with 15 agencies dealing with loans. At the back end, we tied up with banks and in the front, we joined hands with dealers. Earlier, the loan approval rate for used cars was 40 per cent. But with so many people to lend to, it shot up to 75 per cent. From 12-15 days approval, we reduced it to 3 days using technology.”
In November 2022, his net worth was reported to be Rs. 2500 crores.
- Actor: Shah Rukh Khan
- Book: Built to last by Jim Collins
- Song: ‘Love you Zindagi’ from Dear Zindagi
- Film: 3 Idiots
- In 2006, he and his brother left their jobs and went back to their hometown to look after their father, who was suffering from cancer. For a while in Jaipur, they worked in their father’s gemstone business.
- When they started their business, they faced a lot of problems. In 2009, they lost around Rs. 1 crore in stocks and had no funds to even pay their employees.
- In 2013, an American-based company, Sequoia Capital, extended funds to their company.
- In 2016, he attended an event SURGE held in Bengaluru and gave a speech there.
- He is often spotted smoking cigarettes on various occasions.
|↑1||Amit Jain – Linkedin|