Praveen Sinha is a prominent Indian businessman and an angel investor. He is also the co-founder and ex-managing director of India’s e-commerce platform, Jabong.
He was born in New Delhi. After attending Modern School Delhi, he entered Delhi College of Engineering to pursue a degree in engineering. Later, he did MBA from IIM Calcutta.
Eye Color: Black
Hair Color: Black
Family and Caste
Praveen Sinha belongs to a Hindu Family.
After completing his graduation, he worked for Maruti Suzuki India Limited for five years. Later, Sinha worked for some of the leading MNCs, including Microsoft and McKinsey. He breakthrough happened when he established Jabong, which went on to become one of the leading e-commerce platforms in India. He is credited for building the brand from scratch; establishing it as one of the leading e-commerce websites in India.
He is the managing director of the RBI registered NBFC PinCap and AquaBrim- a tech firm that provides effective solutions for automation of the water management system. In 2016, Flipkart, through its subsidiary Myntra, acquired Jabong. At present, he is the managing director of tech-driven RBI registered NBFC PinCap that helps new-age startups by providing innovative financial solutions. As an active angel investor, he is mentoring young entrepreneurs to realise their dreams of establishing successful businesses.
- He is one of the youngest Indians to achieve ‘Distinguished Alumni’ title from IIM Calcutta.
- Praveen Sinha was conferred with ‘Trailerbrazer’ Award by Delhi Technical University.
- He is also a state-level NTSC scholar.
- Fortune India featured Praveen Sinha in the ‘40 under 40’ compilation (2014).
- He was awarded ‘Pure-Play eRetailer of the Year’ at Indian eRetailer awards 2013.
- Praveen Sinha was honoured with the ‘Excellence in eCommerce’ award by Etailing India Expo 2013.
- He received ‘Online Retailer of the Year’ title by Etailing India Exhibition 2014.