Pawan Ruia is the Chairman and MD of Ruia Group. He is famous for turning around the sick units.
Pawan Ruia was born on Tuesday, 10 December 1958 (age 61 years; as in 2019), in Samastipur, Bihar. His zodiac sign is Sagittarius. He graduated from the St. Xavier’s College in Kolkata and the University of Calcutta. Post his graduation he was awarded his LL. B. from the University of Calcutta.
Pawan Ruia was born to Shyamlal Ruia and Paramatma Devi Ruia. Pawan’s father used to work in the industry. He has three sisters named Durga Saraf, Asha Kumari, Vibha Bajaria and a brother named Deepak Kumar Ruia. Pawan Ruia was married to Sarita Ruia and the couple is blessed with a son named Raghav Ruia and three daughters named Pallavi Ruia Dutt, Sakschi Ruia, Radika Ruia.
With a degree in Charted Accountancy, Cost Accountancy, and Company Secretaryship, Pawan Ruia started his career by laying the foundation of Ruia Group in 1993. He also became the Chairman of Raghav Industries Ltd in 2003. Ruia Group took over 225-year-old PSU Jessop & Co and entered Heavy Engineering & Infrastructure sector in 2003. Jessop started making good profits. Under the leadership of Pawan Ruia, the Ruia Group took over Dunlop India Ltd. and Falcon Tyres Ltd in 2005.
- Pawan Ruia is known as turnaround tycoon for transforming the ailing companies.
- He has experience of more than 30 years in the tyre and heavy industry.
- Ruia Group also has a presence in the Health segment, through the P.D. Ruia Kayakalp Naturopathy & Health Resort.
- He has led Ruia Group to make it a fastest growing multinational industrial conglomerates of India.
- Pawan Ruia enjoyed a long stint as a practising chartered accountant before foraying into the business.
- He has also served as a Non-Executive Director of Industronics Bhd for nearly 2 years.