Mathira is a Pakistani model, dancer, singer, actress, and television presenter. She is well known for her item songs in the Pakistani sports film “Main Hoon Shahid Afridi” and the Indian Punjabi film “Young Malang.”
Mathira was born as Mathira Mohammad on Tuesday, 25 February 1992 (age 27 years; as in 2019) in Harare, Zimbabwe. Her zodiac sign is Pisces.
She did her O and A levels from Zimbabwe and moved to Pakistan at the age of 13 with her family in order to escape the political instability in Zimbabwe. She wanted to pursue a degree either in psychology or in gynaecology.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
Mathira belongs to a Muslim Family. Wikipedia She was born to a South African father and Pakistani mother. She has a younger sister, Rose Mohammed, who is also an actress.
Mathira got married to the Dubai-based Punjabi singer, Farran J Mirza (also known as Flint J) in 2012. Together they have a son, Aahil Rizvi, who was born in 2014. The couple got divorced in 2018 due to misunderstandings.
Mathira started her career in the television industry as a yoga teacher with a private TV channel. Next, she started featuring in music videos like “Jadugar,” “Desi Beat,” “Nachdi Kamaal Billo,” and “Woh Kaun Thi.”
In March 2011, she appeared as a host in Vibe TV’s late-night program titled “Love Indicator,” which received huge popularity. She became the first female Pakistani to host a late-night show. Subsequently, she hosted the show ‘Baji Online’ that aired on AAG TV.
Mathira made her Indian film debut in 2013 by featuring in the item song “Lakk Ch Current” in the Punjabi film ‘Young Malang.’ She has also appeared in the item number “Masti Mein Doobi Raat Hai” in the Pakistani sports-drama ‘Main Hoon Shahid Afridi.’
In 2014, she bagged Vipin Sharma’s comedy film “Akki Te Vikki Te Nikki.” Next, she featured in the music video of the song ‘Piya Re’ with Furqan and Imran. The video was a tribute to the popular singer and music composer, Adnan Sami Khan. In 2017, she played the role of ‘Mastaani’ in Geo Kahani’s series Naagin. Subsequently, she featured in the romance-thriller film “Sirf Tum Hi To Ho.”
- Mathira attracted controversy for featuring in the controversial condom advertisement of the Josh brand. Daily Pakistan
- She, once again, landed into controversy for featuring on the cover of Pakistan’s Fashion Diet Magazine wearing very scanty clothes; thus, giving an illusion of being naked. However, she later clarified that she was wearing a tube during the photoshoot and a huge guy was hugging her in the picture, so, from behind, it appeared like she was topless. India Today
- Food: Scrambled Eggs
- Sport: Pool
- Cricketer: MS Dhoni
- Travel Destination: London
- Colour: Black
- Film: P.S. I Love You (2007)
- Her hobbies include swimming and travelling.
- Mathira and her younger sister, Rose share the same birthday.
- Mathira shared during an interview that Yoga had helped her to come out of her fear of water. She said
As a kid, I lacked confidence. Once in school, I nearly drowned in the swimming pool and became hydrophobic. Then I started taking yoga classes and they turned out to be the best way to overcome fear. It also keeps you healthy.”
- She is a huge fan of the Indian cricketer, MS Dhoni. She shared during an interview that if she had been the Vajir-E-Ajim of Pakistan, she would have offered the entire nation in return of MS Dhoni.
- When Mathira received her first salary, she decided to buy herself something and went to the bank to withdraw the money. While she was on her way back, a man snatched her purse and took away all her earnings. Mathira ran behind the thief and got hold of him. Finally, when she was about to hand over the man to the police, he said that he needed money urgently. So, she let him go and also gave him Rs. 1000.
- Although Mathira used to be a party-freak earlier, she has now become more of a homebody. She says,
Hazar log hazar baatain so I don’t socialise much anymore.”
- Mathira’s mentor and boss, Babar Tajammul compared Mathira with Priyanka Chopra and said that she had done wonders for the Pakistani television industry. He said,
Top government officials monitoring the media have personally told me that they tried their best to curb the popularity of Indian TV channels in Pakistan,” he says, “but it is Mathira who struck a chord with Pakistani viewers and made them refocus their attention on local media. We are proud of creating a brand like her.”
- Mathira has more than 250k followers on her Instagram account.
- She has received harsh criticism in Pakistan many times for her dressing sense and the way she speaks.
- She is fond of animals and earlier owned a pet dog, Manno.
- Her family and friends fondly call her Thea.
- Mathira shared during an interview that when she began her acting career, a number of Pakistani directors had said that she could never act; as her Urdu was not that good.
- She has got four tattoos inked on her body.
- She was once referred to as the ‘Paris Hilton of Pakistan’ by the LA Times News. The Express Tribune
References [ + ]