Mr Gautam Khaitan is a well-known Indian advocate. He is the Managing Partner in O.P Khaitan & Co.
Gautam Khaitan was born on Thursday, 6 May 1965 (age 55 years; as in 2020), in New Delhi. His zodiac sign is Taurus. In 1983, he completed his schooling from Modern School, Delhi. In 1986, he did B.Com (Hons.), LL.B. from the Delhi University, Faculty of Law.
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Weight (approx.): 85 kg
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Grey
Family & Caste
Gautam Khaitan was born in a Hindu family.
Parents & Siblings
His father’s name is Late Mr O.P. Khaitan, and his mother’s name is Mrs Rekha Khaitan. He has one sister Pallavi Laxman who is married.
Relationships, Wife & Children
He is married to Ritu Khaitan, and the couple is blessed with one son, Karan Khaitan and one daughter, Rhea Gupta.
He started his practice as an advocate in the year 1992 and associated himself with O.P. Khaitan & Co., Solicitors & Advocates, New Delhi. He has handled various corporate and litigation work on behalf of various leading multinational & national companies, banks & financial institutions all over the world. He was also one of the board of directors of various leading corporate houses.
He is the former director of various public listed companies including, Texmaco Infrastructure & Holdings Ltd. (formerly Texmaco Limited), Bharat Seats Ltd., AMJ Land Holdings Ltd. (formerly known as Pudumjee Pulp & Paper Mills Ltd.), FACOR Alloys Ltd., and Aravali Securities & Finance Ltd. Later, he resigned from all these organizations.
He holds the membership in various renowned organisations like the International Bar Association, LAWASIA, the International Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution, the Bar Association of Supreme Court of India, the Bar Association of Delhi High Court, the Society of Indian Law Firms, the Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Council for Small & Medium Enterprises, the Indo-American India Chamber of Commerce, the Indo- Italian Chamber of Commerce & Industry, and the ADVOC Asia.
In an interview, when he was asked about his contribution towards ‘Doing Business’ team in 2018 and 2019, he said,
I was amongst the expert contributors in India as I deal daily with business regulations in my day-to-day work. I interacted with the Doing Business team in conference calls, written correspondence, and visit to my office by the global team. I also filled out written surveys and provide references to the relevant laws, regulations, and fees based on standardized case scenarios with specific assumptions.
- He has practised as an advocate at various District Courts, High Court, and the Supreme Court of India.
- He is specialized in Corporate Law, Corporate Litigation, Cros Border Transactions, Arbitration, Acquisitions, and Structuring.
- He is well versed in speaking English and Hindi.
- He follows a vegetarian diet.
- He loves exploring new places, and his favourite destination is London, UK.
- According to him, the most useful business-related book read by him is “Rich Dad Poor Dad” by Robert Kiyosaki.
- His favourite non-business book is ‘Tuesdays with Morrie’ by Mitch Albom.
- In an interview, when he was asked if money were not an issue, what would you be doing right now? he said,
I would have lived in Himalayas. The peaceful setup, the natural and serene beauty fascinates me to no end.
- The founder or startup he admires most is the co-founder and executive chairman of Alibaba Group, Jack Ma.
- According to him his superpower is “Winning friends and influencing people!”
- He uses WhatsApp the most to stay in touch with people.
- His favourite quote is,
The road to success is not easy to navigate, but with hard work, drive, and passion, it’s possible to achieve the American dream.” —Tommy Hilfiger
- In an interview, when he was asked about his passion and obstacles he had overcome, he said,
My passion is to be good at what I do. My passion is to learn things and master them quickly. Smile more, and from the heart. Be grateful. Universe has special place in its heart for Grateful people 😉 I have overcome Fear! I have learnt not to ever hold back in life just because you feel scared.