Ratul Puri is a Former Young Global Leader and the Chairman of the Board of Directors of Hindustan Powerprojects (HPPPL). The company is currently developing power assets across coal, thermal, solar and hydro with a combined investment of USD 5.6 billion of which USD 3.1 billion has been invested in the last four years. Under his leadership, the clean energy arm has emerged as the largest solar developer in India. In 2002, Puri was awarded the “Entrepreneur of the Year” award for his endowment towards the manufacturing industry in India and has also pioneered commissioning large-scale solar plants in India.
Ratul Puri was born on Wednesday, 19 July 1972 (age 50 years; as in 2022) in India. In 2008, he started the business of power generation with Hindustan Powerprojects and currently is one of the trending celebrities in town. Ratul Puri has a net worth of $5.00 million (estimated) which he obtained from his occupation as a businessman. He was seen as one of the most successful, richest & beloved businessmen of all time.
Height (approx.): 5’ 8”
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Wife
Ratul Puri was born in a Hindu Family. His father’s name is Deepak Puri.
He has his bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Mathematics, and Computer Science from Carnegie Mellon University.
Awards, Honours and Achievements
- Ratul Puri partnered with DoIT Management (India), in order to support Dabang Delhi Kabaddi Club in Star Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2016.
- He has been named CEO of the year by World Brand Congress (2014) & Asian Power Awards (2015)
- Also has been certified for his contribution to the infrastructure sector in India by The Economic Times (2014).
- In 2007, Business Today rated him among the “Top 21 Young Leaders” in the country who could shape India’s destiny in the 21st century.
- Dataquest magazine has named him among the “Young Brigade in the IT Industry”.
- He was declared CMO Asia CEO of the Year award.
- Puri has intrinsic knowledge of coal-fired thermal and an understanding of clean energy, he has been advocating the adoption of an energy mix in India to address its energy demands
- Ratul Puri is also the Chairman of the power committee of CII – Northern Region. He led the discussion on climate resilience during the WEF, 2016 and was the co-chair for the Energy track at the India National Strategy Day driving innovative financing agenda.
- He has been recognized by the leading Industry bodies and media publications and is widely seen as the industry voice for the Indian power sector.
- His father taught him from the beginning to see the big picture, plan and strategize in detail and thus be an aware and prepared risk taker.