Rajat Sain is an Indian journalist, filmmaker, and documentarian who has worked for more than a decade in the media and entertainment industry. He got viral after his marriage to the popular standup comedian and impressionist, Saloni Gaur.
Rajat Sain was born on Saturday, 1 December 1990 (age 32 years; as of 2022) in Chandigarh, India. His zodiac sign is Sagittarius. He studied till 10th at The Tribune School, Sector-29, Chandigarh.
He studied 11th and 12th standard in the non-medical stream, with Physics, Chemistry, and Maths subjects, at the Government Model Senior Secondary School, Sector-46, Chandigarh from 2007 to 2009. He pursued a Bachelor of Journalism degree at Goswami Ganesh Dutta Sanatan Dharma (GGDSD) College, Sector-32, Chandigarh from 2009 to 2012. He pursued a Master’s degree in English Journalism at the Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC), Delhi from 2012 to 2013. LinkedIn – Rajat Sain
Height (approx.): 5′ 11″
Weight (approx.): 85 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
He belongs to a middle-class Hindu family.
Parents & Siblings
His father, Ravinder Keilay, is a former journalist for The Tribune, and his mother, Kavita Keilay, is a former teacher. He has a sister named Priyanka Keilay.
Wife & Children
He got married to Saloni Gaur, a standup comedian, impressionist, and actress in October 2023. The couple does not have any children.
He dated Saloni Gaur for a few years.
Rajat started his journalistic career in February 2011 as a campus reporter for Dainik Bhaskar at Panjab University, Chandigarh and worked there till March 2013. From July 2013 to September 2014, he worked as a special programmer at ABP Network in Chandigarh. From October 2014 to December 2015, he worked as a production specialist at Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited (IFFCO), New Delhi.
In January 2016, he started working as a production head at the news and entertainment portal The Lallantop. He has also covered many state elections and done interviews with many politicians such as Bhagwant Mann, Randeep Surjewala, and Dushyant Chautala.
Documentarian & Filmmaker
Since his teenage years, Rajat liked photography and shooting videos. When he enrolled on his bachelor’s degree, he started making short documentaries about several issues that go unnoticed in society.
His first documentary was titled Vichoda (Promises), based on honour killing, which he made while studying in the first year of college. He later made many short films and documentaries such as Sukhna – A Lake of Emotions, Sadak Ke Uss Paar, Arwill to Orwell, and Mrig Trishna. YouTube – Rajat Sain
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- His documentary ‘Mrig Trishna’ screened at Jaipur International Film Festival 2012
- Best Documentary Award at Bangalore International Film Festival 2014 for Ankahee Ansuni
- Rising Star Award at India Today Chairman Awards in 2021
- 40 Under 40 Award in 2022
- Journalist: Ravish Kumar
- Politician: Arvind Kejriwal
- His friends and family lovingly call him Honey, Rajjo, and Rajji.
- While studying in 11th and 12 standards, he used to take coaching at Crescendo Institute, Sector-46, Chandigarh for engineering entrance examinations.
- His father wanted him to become an engineer; however, he wanted to become a filmmaker.
- He likes travelling to different cities and shoot photos of such places.
- He is a close friend of Saurabh Dwivedi, the editor-in-chief of the news and entertainment portal, The Lallantop.