Dushyant Chautala is an Indian politician from Haryana. He is the founder of the Jannayak Janata Party (JJP) and the Deputy Chief Minister of Haryana.
Dushyant Chautala was born on Sunday, 3 April 1988 (age 31 years; as in 2019) in Daroli, Hisar, Haryana. His zodiac sign is Aries. He did his schooling from the St. Mary School in Hisar, Haryana and The Lawrence School in Sanawar, Himachal Pradesh. Thereafter, he moved to California to pursue B.Sc. in Business Administration and Management from The California State University. He moved back to India to pursue Bachelor of Laws (LLB) from the National Law University. He has also obtained a Master’s Degree in Mass Communication from the Guru Jambheshwar University of Science and Technology, Haryana.
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Wife
Dushyant Chautala belongs to a Jat Family Financial Express. His parents, father Ajay Singh Chautala and mother Naina Singh Chautala are politicians. His younger brother, Digvijay Singh Chautala is also a politician. On 18 April 2017, he got married to Meghna Chautala.
Dushyant joined active politics after completing his college education. He joined the Indian National Lok Dal (INLD). His great grandfather, Chaudhary Devi Lal, had founded the INLD and his grandfather, Om Prakash Chautala is the Chairperson of the INLD. In 2014, he contested the Lok Sabha elections from the Hisar Lok Sabha Constituency of Haryana and won.
On 2 November 2018, he got expelled from the INLD by his grandfather Om Prakash Chautala. On 9 December 2018, he formed his party, The Jannayak Janata Party (JJP). In January 2019, the JJP contested the Jind by-elections and came in the second position. It was a major achievement for the JJP; as the party was formed only a month ago and they came second.
In 2019, the JJP contested the Lok Sabha elections with the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) as an ally, but they lost and could not secure a single seat. In October 2019, the JJP contested the Haryana Assembly Elections and won 10 seats. It was also the party’s electoral debut in the Assembly Elections. The BJP had won 40 seats, and they could not reach the halfway mark to form a government, hence, with the support of the JJP, they formed the government. Manohar Lal Khattar was appointed as the Chief Minister of Haryana and Dushyant Chautala was appointed as the Deputy Chief Minister of Haryana.
On 2 November 2018, Dushyant Chautala and his younger brother Digvijay Chautala were expelled from the INLD by their grandfather Om Prakash Chautala. They were expelled for misconduct, hooliganism, spreading disaffection, and indiscipline. Reportedly, Dushyant’s supporters were raising slogans of him being the INLD’s Chief Ministerial candidate without any orders or directives from the party office. Om Prakash Chautala stated-
It was very hard for me to expel Dushyant and Digvijay from the party as they are my grandsons, but the party is above anyone else, and I expelled them for the party’s sake.”
House No. 803, Ram Colony, Ward No. 5, Sirsa, Haryana
Dushyant Chautala owns a Toyota Fortuner (2012 Model).
Assets/Properties (as in 2019)
- Cash: 9.32 lacs INR
- Bank Deposits: 91.28 lacs INR
- Jewellery: 2.5 kg Gold worth 91.87 lacs INR, Diamonds & other stones worth 62.90 lacs INR
- Agricultural Land: worth 7 lacs INR in Sirsa, Haryana
- Agricultural Land: worth 10 crores INR in Sirsa, Haryana
- Agricultural Land: worth 2.20 crores INR in Khewat, Haryana
- Commercial Building: worth 15 crores INR in Sirsa, Haryana
- Residential Building: worth 1.50 crores INR in New Delhi
Salary & Net Worth (as in 2019)
- Salary: 1 lac INR + other allowances (as an MLA)
- Net Worth: 74.77 crores INR
- Dushyant holds the record for being the youngest ever elected Member of Parliament in the Limca Book of World Records.
- On 25 January 2017, Dushyant became the first Indian to be honoured with the “High Civilian Honour” by the Assembly of Arizona, United States.
- His father, Ajay Singh Chautala, and his grandfather, Om Prakash Chautala, were imprisoned in 2013 for 10 years for the JBT Teachers Recruitment Scam.
- When he conducted his first rally after forming the JJP, more than 6 lac people attended it. It was the highest gathering of people in Haryana for a political event since 1986.
References [ + ]