Pankaj Modi is a former Indian government official. He worked as a deputy director. He is the youngest brother of Narendra Modi, the 14th Prime Minister of India.
Pankaj Damodardas Modi was born in October 1959 (age 63 years; as of 2022) in Vadnagar, Gujarat, India. He worked as a clerk in the information department in Gandhinagar, Gujarat. Before he got retired, he was promoted to deputy in 2014. Dainik Bhaskar
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Pankaj Modi was born into a family of grocers in Vadnagar, Bombay State (now Gujarat), India.
Parents & Siblings
His father, Damodardas Mulchand Modi, died in 1989 after battling bone cancer.
His eldest brother, Soma Modi, is a retired officer in the health department.
His second elder brother, Amrut Modi, is a lathe machine operator.
His third elder brother, Narendra Modi, is the 18th Prime Minister of India. He has been chosen twice for the prime ministerial position; first in 2014, and second in 2019.
His fourth elder brother, Prahlad Modi, owns a shop in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
He has a sister named Vasantiben Hasmukhlal Modi.
Wife & Children
His wife’s name is Sitaben.
He has a son named Sachin Modi.
Religion & Caste
He follows the Hindu religion and often visits temples for worshipping. He belongs to the Modh-Ghanchi-Teli (oil-pressing) community; which is categorized as OBC.
- After retiring from his government job, he moved with his family and mother from his government residence in Sector 22 of Gandhinagar to his bungalow in Vrindavan Society in Raysan village in Gandhinagar, Gujarat. In 2014, when Narendra Modi became the Prime Minister of India, he visited his mother at Pankaj Modi’s house to take her blessings on his birthday. Before she passed away in December 2022, Narendra Modi used to visit his mother often and spent time talking to her. Dainik Bhaskar
- In 2019, he made a visit to Meenakshi Amman Temple in Madurai, Tamil Nadu accompanied by former Lok Sabha deputy speaker and AIADMK leader M Thambi Durai.
Tamil Nadu: PM Narendra Modi's brother Pankaj Modi (in middle) today visited Meenakshi Amman Temple in Madurai. Former Lok Sabha Deputy Speaker and AIADMK leader M Thambi Durai also accompanied him. pic.twitter.com/S9fuXD7Ol5
— ANI (@ANI) August 4, 2019
- In 2020, he went to New Delhi on the occasion of Republic day for the Gujarat tableau, which showcased the architectural and cultural heritage of Gujarat. In an interview, on being asked about the Gujarat tableau, he said,
Our Gujarat tableau will showcase the state’s architectural and cultural heritage. The main piece will be the Rani Ki Vav of Patan, and it will be fronted by a statue of a village woman wearing a Patola saree of the region. We are very delighted and excited to represent our culture on the Rajpath.” India
- He is also a social worker and attended the felicitation program of the International Vaish Federation at the district headquarters in Chitrakoot in 2021.
- He is a supporter of the Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP), which is the political party to which his brother, Narendra Modi, belongs.
- After her mother passed away on 30 December 2022, he carried her corpse alongside his brother and Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi.