Mushaal Mullick is a Pakistani painting artist and wife of Yasin Malik, a Kashmiri militant-turned-separatist leader.
Mushaal Mullick was born in 1986 (age 34 years; as in 2020) in Karachi, Pakistan. Her full name is Mushaal Hussein Mullick. Her zodiac sign is Scorpio. She completed her high school education from one of Pakistan’s elite schools, Beaconhouse in Islamabad, and later on, she pursued an external bachelor’s course from the London School of Economics.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Family and Caste
Mushaal was born into a distinguished Muslim family of Pakistan.
Parents & Siblings
Her father, M.A. Hussein Mullick was a renowned economist and a columnist, who also worked as a professor at the Quaid-e-Azam Mohammed Ali Jinnah University in Islamabad. Her mother, Rehana Mullick is a former Secretary general of the women’s wing of the Pakistan Muslim League (Women’s Wing).
Her brother, Haider Ali Hussain Mullick is a foreign policy analyst in Washington focusing on South Asia. Her sister, Sabien Hussein Mullick is a social worker and the Chairperson of Al-Wali Welfare Foundation in Pakistan.
Relationship & Children
Mushaal got married to a Kashmiri separatist leader, Yasin Malik, on 22 February 2009 in Islamabad.
In 2012, the couple became parents of a daughter, Raziyah Sultana.
- Mushaal Mullick is an avid painter. Her inclination towards art developed at a young age. She began painting at the age of 6. Her artwork is displayed at several exhibitions in Pakistan.
- She is the chairperson of the Peace and Culture organisation, which campaigns for global peace and harmony and promotes the preservation of culture and heritage.
- In 2013, Mushaal Mullick along with his husband Yasin Malik and 18-month-old daughter was allegedly thrown out of a hotel in Delhi, due to his political ideology of separation. The Hindustan Times
- Mushaal still lives in Pakistan and has come to India for just two times. She has not applied for an Indian visa since 2015. The Hindustan Times
- Her activism has certainly revolved around Kashmir. She regularly makes statements on social media and also conducts public campaigns in favour of ‘freedom for Kashmir.’
- She acknowledges militants, such as Burhan Wani as revolutionary freedom fighters of Kashmir.
- Ever since her husband, Yasin Malik has been put in jail, she regularly appeals for his release.
References [ + ]