Parshottam Rupala is a famous Indian politician, who was given charge of the Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairy on 7 July 2021 under Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s major cabinet reshuffle.
Parshottam Rupala was born on Friday, 1 October 1954 (age 67 years; as of 2021) in Amreli, Gujarat. His zodiac sign is Libra. In 1976, he earned a B.Sc. degree from Saurashtra University, Rajkot, Gujarat. In 1977, he pursued B.Ed. at Gujarat University, Gujarat. Parshottam Rupala Bio Data
Hair Colour: White
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
His father’s name is Khodabhai Madhabhai Rupala, and his mother’s name is Hariben Khodabhai Rupala.
Wife & Children
Parshottam Rupala got married to Savitaben Rupala on 1st February 1979. The couple has a daughter and a son.
Parshottam Rupala belongs to the Patidar community. The Hindu
Ishwaria (Mahadev), Taluka-District: Amreli – 365601 Gujarat – India. Telephone: 02792 – 240928
After earning a Bachelors degree in Education, Parshottam Rupala started working as a school principal in Municipal Girls’ High School at Hamapur, Gujarat from 1977 to 1983. Parshottam Rupala worked as the chief officer of the Amreli municipality from 1983 to 1987. He was elected as the president of Bharatiya Janata Party at the Amreli district from 1988 to 1991. In 1992, he handled the charge of the Secretary of the Amreli district. Parshottam Rupala worked as a Cabinet Minister on the Narmada river for handling the projects related to Irrigation and Water Supply in Gujarat from 19 March 1995 to 20 October 1995. From 4 November 1995 to 18 September 1996, he was again elected for the same position. Parshottam Rupala was selected as the Chairman of the Public Accounts Committee of Gujarat Legislative Assembly, and he worked in this position from March 1997 to December 1997. Parshottam was elected as the Chairman of Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation (G.I.D.C.), and he served on this seat from June 1998 to October 2001. At Amreli district, he was served as the Chairman of a youth hostel from 2002 to 2004. Parshottam Rupala also headed the Madad Trust, Kadva Patidar, and the Gujarat electricity board union. Parshottam Rupala worked as a member of the Gujarat Legislative Assembly for three consecutive years ended in 2002. In 2008, he started serving as a member of the Rajya Sabha, and till 2010, Committee on Food, Consumer Affairs and Public Distribution were the fields headed by him during this tenure. He was provided with the control of the Committee on Personnel, Public Grievances, Law and Justice in July 2010. In September 2010, the Committee for the Ministry of Shipping was handed over to Parshottam Rupala by BJP. Rupala was honoured with the charge of the Committee on Chemicals and Fertilizers, and the Committee on Agriculture in August 2012. Parshottam Rupala was appointed as a member of the Amreli constituency of the Gujarat Legislative Assembly in 2019, simultaneously he worked as the minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare in Gujarat.
His immovable assets are worth Rs. 4,56,39,288 crores.
- Cash- Rs. 15,90,000
- Deposits in Banks- Rs. 1,74,60,107
- Bonds, Debentures and Shares- Rs. 1,09,43,351
- NSS, Postal Savings- Rs. 12,12,059
- LIC or other insurance Policies- Rs. 3,00,000
- Personal loans/advance- Rs. 63,18,941
- Motor Vehicles- Rs. 34,30,807
- Jewellery- Rs. 43,84,023
His movable assets are worth Rs. 2,97,26,266 crores.
The valuation of assets is based on the documents from the year 2019.
Loans from Banks
His liabilities are worth Rs. 7,13,024 Lakhs. My Neta
As in 2019, Ranjan Singh’s net worth was around Rs. 7,46,52,530 crores. My Neta
- His full name is Parshottam Khodabhai Rupala. Parshottam Rupala Bio Data
- In his leisure time, Parshottam adores reading, travelling, and listening to folk songs. He is also a part of the Champion Team of Kabbadi at Saurashtra University.
- Shree Swaminarayan Temple at New Jersey invited Parshottam Rupala as their special guest of honour on its inauguration on 17 December 2011.
- Parshottam Rupala participated in the G20 Meet in Argentina on 28 July 2018.
- Parshottam Rupala loves to travel abroad. He has travelled to several countries including Israel, England (U.K.) Nepal, Kenya, China, Hong Kong, America (USA), Sudan, Russia, Italy, Argentina, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Myanmar.
- In 2019, Rupala paid a tribute to Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel’s on his 144th birth anniversary. While interacting with a media house after this ceremony, he said,
I urge the people of our country to stand together as one and collectively work to make the country shreshtha Bharat, which would be the true tribute to Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.”
- In December 2020, Rupala led a major rally in Gujarat at Gandhinagar amid the Kisan Andolan movement in Delhi. While addressing this rally, he stated that the Minimum Sale Price (MSP) in agricultural exchange would not be abolished and would be a part of the BJP mechanism for the welfare of the Indian farmers. He spelt out,
In fact, it was Prime Minister Narendra Modi who had first decided to introduce this MSP formula of agricultural cost plus 50 per cent profit as recommended by Dr Swaminathan.”
- India was ranked as poor in the hunger index 2020 by a foreign NGO’s survey at the beginning of 2021. An Aam Adami Party member raised this issue in Rajya Sabha and blamed the BJP government for the poor ranking in hunger. Rupala then replied to the AAP member that we must not be sensitive to such reports with an example,
Whenever a street dog gives birth in our village, our women provide them with sheera. Even though at times it bites too, we still give them sheera. So in a country where such tradition exists, and then an NGO comes and gives such a report (regarding hunger index) about our children, we should not be sensitive to such reports.”