Maanvi Gagroo is a well-known Indian actor. She is famous for playing the character of ‘Shreya’ in TVF Pitchers (2015) and ‘Chanchal Sharma’ in TVF Tripling (2016).
Maanvi was born on Thursday, 5 September 1985 (age 34 years; as in 2019), in Delhi. Her zodiac sign is Virgo. She did her schooling from The Mother’s International School, New Delhi. Later, she joined Gargi College, New Delhi and completed her graduation in Psychology. Hindustan Times
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Maanvi was born in a Kashmiri family. Facebook Her father, Surender Gagroo is a former general manager at the State Bank of India. Her mother’s name is Urmil Gagroo. She has an elder sister, Maansi Gagroo.
She started her career with the Disney channel’s serial “Dhoom Machaao Dhoom” in 2007. She played the character of Ambika “Bikki” Gill in the serial. Other actors in the serial were Toral Rasputra, Vikrant Massey, Sriti Jha, Kinshuk Mahajan, and Jay Bhanushali. In 2008, she played a small role in the Disney Channel’s film “The Cheetah Girls: One World.”
In 2009, she debuted in the Bollywood film “Aamras: The Sweet Taste of Friendship.” She has acted in a series of “Idea” ads with actor, Abhishek Bachchan in 2011.
In the same year, she acted in the Bollywood film “No One Killed Jessica.” In 2014, she played the character of Anushka Sharma’s colleague ‘Mittu’ in the Bollywood film PK.
She has been associated with the theatre group ‘Silly Point Productions’ and has acted in various theatre plays including ‘Like Dat Only,’ ’The Class Act,’ and ‘Miss Bindass.’ She has acted in many videos of YouTube channel, Girliyapa. She came into limelight with the web series, TVF Pitchers in 2015, in which she was the only female lead.
In 2016, she appeared in another TVF web series, ‘TVF Tripling,’ in which she played the popular character of Chanchal Sharma.
She has also acted in Hindi Telefilms including You Are My Sunday (2016), Guy in the Sky (2017), and 377 AbNormal (2019). She has acted in many Bollywood films including Aamras (2009), ?: A Question Mark (2012), Life Reboot Nahi Hoti (2013), and Ujda Chaman (2019).
In 2019, she was roped in for the Amazon Prime web series “Four More Shots Please!” also starring Sayani Gupta, Gurbani J, and Kirti Kulhari.
She has also appeared in many other web series including The Good Vibes (2018) and Made in Heaven (2019). She was roped in the Bollywood film Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan (2020) as Goggle Tripathi, also starring Ayushmann Khurrana.
- Food: Pizza and Pasta
- Singer: Nick Carter
- Novel: Harry Potter
- Actor: Shah Rukh Khan
- Outfit: Maxi Dresses
- Fashion Designer(s): Payal Khandwala, Manish Arora, Masaba Gupta, and Malini Ramani
- She is a trained Kathak dancer, and at the age of 12, she started learning the Jazz dance form.
- In an interview, she revealed that after her first serial, she was offered only loud and happy characters in TV serials and films. She further said,
Most people would cast me as a ‘Punjabi bubbly girl’ and while I didn’t have a problem with these traits really, I was getting bored of playing the same character over and over again. Even if I tried something different within that, I was told to do it in that exact specific manner. That’s when I stopped going for these auditions.”
- In 2010, after completing her graduation from Delhi, she returned to Mumbai and started working with a theatre group ‘Silly Point Productions’ with artists like Danesh Khambatta and Meherzad Patel.
- In 2014, the YouTube channel “BeingIndian” approached her to act in their YouTube video “Every Bombay Girl in the World.”
- With the help of her theatre group, she met Nidhi Bisht, a regular TVF actor and casting director.
- Gagroo was featured in the YouTube channel Girliyapa’s music video titled ‘Controversy Ho Gayi.’ It is a spoof of Badshah’s Mercy song, against those who slut-shame women.
- TV actress, Sriti Jha is her long-time best friend.
- She has received many awards for her performance in the web-series.
- In an interview, when she was asked about casting couch, she said,
If you are new and you don’t know people, don’t go to their house. Meet at a neutral place like a cafe or a restaurant. Don’t go after office hours, and most importantly always follow your gut.”
- She is a book lover. In an interview, she shared her love for the Harry Potter novel series, she said,
I love reading and everyone should read. And Harry Potter, I have a special bond with it. I remember I used to be mad about Harry Potter because while we were growing up I started reading it and then the movies were coming. I remember the third book or something, I had bunked school and gone because they were giving some 100 copies and I have got my name written and I was so scared. I wanted to be the first one in my whole batch who has read the book. I told my parents please I have to get up in the morning because otherwise I will have to go after school, after 2 o’clock and they were like don’t be stupid and I started crying and threw tantrum. Then they agreed. After that, I picked up the book and went to school and was showing it off to everybody. Like for acting also you have to grow as a person to be able to act well, I feel. It’s only when you have different experiences you get to know different life situations different culture, so either you do traveling and I love traveling also but I don’t end up getting so much time. So if you don’t have the time to travel so much so the next best option is to read for you to grow as a person.”
- Her hobbies include travelling, reading, dancing, and hanging out with friends.
- She is often spotted drinking alcohol in parties.
- She is well versed in speaking different languages like Hindi, English, Kashmiri, and Bengali.
- She has been associated with various NGOs.
- She has featured on the cover of many renowned magazines.
References [ + ]