Lucas Bravo is a French model and actor who has appeared in multiple French TV shows and films like Sous le Soleil de Saint-Tropez (2013), La Crème de la crème (2014), Plus belle la vie (2016), etc. He struck international stardom in 2020, after starring in Netflix’s ‘Emily in Paris’ in which he played the role of Gabriel.
Lucas Bravo was born in 1988 (age 32 years; as of 2020) in Nice, France. During his childhood, Lucas moved around a lot because his father, Daniel Bravo, was a soccer player whose career made him travel all over Europe. At the age of eleven, Lucas grew a passion for acting when his mother, Eva Bravo, put him in an improv class. He pursued a course in theater, film, and television from the American Academy Of Dramatic Arts in Los Angeles. He also studied at the Tiffany Stern’s Actors Factory in Paris. Vogue
Hair Color: Dark Ash Blonde
Eye Color: Hazel Blue
Family & Ethnicity
Parents & Siblings
Lucas Bravo’s father, Daniel Bravo, is a former French national team soccer player. His mother, Eva Bravo, is a singer. His sister’s name is Marie-Eva Bravo.
Relationships, Wife & Children
Not much is known about his relationships.
In 2013, Lucas Bravo made his television debut with the French soap opera ‘Sous le Soleil de Saint-Tropez’ in which he played the role of Jeff.
Thereafter, he appeared in various French TV shows, like T.O.C (2015), Plus belle la vie (2016), etc.
In 2014, Lucas Bravo made his film debut with the French comedy-drama ‘La Crème de la crème’ (also titled Smart Ass) in which he played the role of Antoine Mufla.
Lucas Bravo made his digital debut with Netflix’s ‘Emily in Paris’ as Gabriel who is a chef in a restaurant and neighbor of Emily. Being a former sous-chef, Lucas Bravo has a very similar personality to that of Gabriel. In an interview, he said,
Darren Star is known to cast people who are quite close in personality to the character. Screenwriters like to write at the same time they are learning about the actors.”
Salary & Net Worth
- Food: Croissants, Risotto Curry Coco Gambas, and Moscow Mule
- Television Series: Sex and the City (1998)
- Travel Destination: Patagonia, South America
- Romantic Song: ‘Berlin’ by RY X
- Film Series: Harry Potter
- Restaurant: Cantine du 18 in Montmartre, Paris
- Lucas loves to smoke after working out in a gym. In an interview, he said,
- Lucas Bravo has also appeared in various short films like Beautiful injuries (2017), Caprice (2019), Relation Libre (2020), etc.
- He draws his inspiration for acting from the Hollywood celebrities Denzel Washington, Matthew McConaughey, and Mark Ruffalo.
- Lucas Bravo claims that he came to know about himself by portraying somebody else’s character. The actor was looking for a way to reinvent himself and felt a sense of security in the idea of being directed by someone. In an interview, he said,
They tell you how the character walks, thinks, breathes, uses his voice … I found that so reassuring, you have a guide, a defined line of conduct.”
- Before venturing into the show business, Lucas was a sous-chef in a Parisian restaurant that served a fusion of Japanese and French cuisines. Initially, he joined the restaurant as a bartender and after the sous-chef left the restaurant, Lucas asked the chef if he could assist him in the kitchen. Being a former sous-chef, it helped Lucas while portraying the character of Gabriel. In an interview, he said,
A few years ago I was a sous chef in a restaurant. So when I first got the scripts, I was like, ‘Oh wow, this is definitely for me, I’m definitely going to use those skills.”
- In 2017, Bravo appeared in an advertisement for Chanel, a high-fashion brand, alongside Ellie Bamber who is an English actress. He has also worked with the modeling agencies Tribe Management and Viva Model Management
- Lucas loves to travel alone and experiment with his lifestyle. In 2020, Bravo moved from Paris to a forest in Fountainebleau, France. In an interview, he said,
I really enjoy traveling alone and getting very lost, like just to backpack, explore, and see landscapes. There’s a sort of fear when you get deep into that wilderness, and in that particular place you find really good answers about yourself.”